Arai and Eros

Nina's POV

And you ask me what I want this year

And I try to make this kind and clear

Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings

And designer love and empty things

Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

So take these words

And sing out loud

Cause everyone is forgiven now

Cause tonight's the night the world begins again

I need someplace simple where we could live

And something only you can give

And thats faith and trust and peace while we're alive

And the one poor child who saved this world

And there's 10 million more who probably could

If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them

So take these words

And sing out loud

Cause everyone is forgiven now

Cause tonight's the night the world begins again

I wish everyone was loved tonight

And somehow stop this endless fight

Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

So take these words

And sing out loud

Cause everyone is forgiven now

Cause tonight's the night the world begins again

"That was pretty, Daddy," Freya said happily.

"Glad you think so, Sunshine," Apollo smiled. He picked Freya up and balanced her on his hip. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into his side. "You alright, Sparkles?"

I sighed. "Just thinking about Lav and Percy. Do you think they're okay?"

Apollo kissed my cheek. "They're strong, Nina. They'll make it out alright."
Lav's POV

I was officially being overloaded by weird. First, we pass the Altar of Hermes. I had this strange dream there from my mom. I sent a message up to Camp. I was able to send it backwards thanks to some godly magic. I sent it to Rachel to give to the Romans. Hopefully, Reyna would take the initiative and come fetch the Athena Parthenos so the rift between Roman and Greek would close.

Bob was leading us through this black mass he liked to call Death Mist. We were off to see the Lady of Death Mist. Bob refused to say her name. I couldn't blame him. Saying Bob's name brought Bob to us. What if saying another name brought something much more powerful to us?

Bob made us stop when he saw a kitten. Percy recognized it as one of the saber-tooth-tiger kittens from the quest to save Artemis and Annabeth. Bob wanted to keep the kitten. He named it Little Bob.

We were walking through the Death Mist when dark shapes started forming a little way off. At first I thought they were the furies. Percy and I weren't nearly that lucky. The things came at us. I'm sure Nina would have been able to tell what they were in an instant.

"What are you?" I asked the lead one.

The arai, a voice hissed. I couldn't tell where it was coming from. It seemed to be coming from all around us. The curses! I had never read about arai, but they didn't sound all that pleasant. The arai looked exactly how I had always pictured a robeless dementor to look. Their skin was gray and stretched creepily across their faces. They had dead eyes and their expressions were frozen, almost like a puppets. We were so screwed.
Nina's POV