Cohorts

Neville lead us back down the path. He brought us to a place where I saw Hazel and a pale boy who also looked very familiar. Next to them, a young woman with hot pink hair was sitting awkwardly. "Is that-" I started to ask.

"Tonks," grinned Neville. "Hey, Tonks!" he yelled. "Look at who crossed the Little Tiber today!"

Nymphadora Tonks looked up along with Hazel and the boy. "Nina!" Tonks shouted. She ran up to us and pulled us into a hug. Pulling away and taking my face into her pale hands, she exclaimed, "Thank the gods, we thought you had been killed or taken by Voldemort. You're alive...and a demi-god?"

"Daughter of Neptune at your service," I grinned. "Who're you the daughter of?" I asked eagerly.

"Oh, my dad is Mercury," Tonks grinned. "God of thieves, travellers if you're nice."

"I feel like I've heard that saying before," Percy frowned. "Do I know you?" he asked the scrawny boy. The boy looked up at him.

"Never seen you before in my life," he said. He spoke a little too quickly for my taste. "Name's Nico di Angelo."

"Are you sure we haven't met?" I questioned. "You seem awfully familiar. I honestly think we have met." I tried to focus on one memory in particular. Percy and I were standing on the edge of a river. Nico was standing next to us.

"Positive," Nico frowned. He grabbed Hazel's hand and pulled her away. I was positive that boy by the river was Nico di Angelo, and I was determined to find out if I knew him. As it turned out, I didn't get the chance to talk to him for quite a while after that encounter.

A horn sounded, and Neville and Tonks rushed us down to the fields. They left us when we reached Reyna. Neville and Tonks went to stand in the third group of heavily armed people. They stopped next to Luna. Hazel ran by and joined Frank in the fifth group of people. Next to Luna, four familiar redheads, a chinese girl, and a boy with brown hair stood.

"Romans," Reyna called. "You've probably heard about the incursion today. Two gorgons were swept into the river by these newcomers, Percy and Nina Jackson. Juno herself lead them here and proclaimed them children of Neptune."

People in the back rows craned their necks to see us. "Hi," Percy said. I just waved awkwardly.

"They seeks to join the legion," Reyna announced. "What do the auguries say?"

Octavian stepped forward from his position in the first group of people. "I have read read the entrails," he said proudly. The auguries are favorable. They are qualified to serve!"

"Ave! Hail!" the campers shouted.

Five people stepped forward. There was one from each group of people. One of the familiar redheads stepped forward from the third group of people. "Recruits," Octavian demanded. "Do you have credentials? Letters of reference?"

"Letters?" Percy asked. "Um...no. Nina, you got any?" I shook my head. Octavian wrinkled his nose.

"No letters," Octavian sighed. "Will any legionnaires stand for him?"

"I'll stand for Nina," Neville said. He stepped forward.

"Does your cohort accept her?" Reyna asked.

Neville looked at the redhead who had stepped forward earlier. The third cohort banged their shields against the ground. "Course we'll take Nina," the man grinned. I waved to Percy and walked over to the man.

"Bill?" I whispered hoarsely. He winked at me. Percy ended up being taken by the fifth cohort. I would miss him. I looked at the people who had gathered around me as everyone else began wandering off. "Charlie? Fred and George? Tonks? Luna and Neville? Cedric? Cho? You're all children of the gods?"

Bill chuckled. "Our mother was apparently not faithful to Arthur. She had Charlie, Fred, George, and me with Hermes."

"I never liked her," I grumbled, remembering bits and pieces of my times with Molly Weasley.

Fred laughed. "We noticed. Tonks is our half sister." I nodded. "Cho is a daughter of Venus. She's the only one of them with brains though. The rest are all idiots. Luna is the daughter of Apollo. Nev's a son of Ceres. Cedric is a son of Ceres too."

"This is crazy," I groaned.