Dameson, Khione, and Calypso

Lav's POV

Bob was leading us to see a giant. I was a little unsure about going to see a giant since we're kind of fighting in a war against them, but Bob assured me the giant was nice. Percy was to out of it to really care. He was leaning heavily against me and looked dead.

Bob was leading us through what looked like a dessert. The scary part? There were drakon skulls all over. Bob wasn't freaked out at all. Then again, he is a titan. Suddenly, a roar filled the air. I turned my head to see a drakon charging towards us. "Bob?" I asked. "What type of drakon is that?" I had never seen one with green and yellow scales before.

"Maeonian drakon," Bob said. "From Maeonia."

No, really?I cleared my mind of sarcastic comments. "Any way we can kill it?" I asked hopefully. There had to be some way, right?

"Us? No." Bob didn't seem afraid. He was calmly staring at the drakon. I, on the other hand, was terrified. "But don't worry."

"ROOOOOAAAR!" someone, or thing, yelled from behind us. I turned around to see a huge giant running towards us. The drakon charged at the giant. The giant didn't seem phased in the slightest though. He just picked up a tree trunk and threw it like a javelin towards the drakon. The tree trunk speared the drakon through the heart, and it collapsed, immediately dissolving into ashes.

I took a good look at the drakon. He seriously clashed. His skin was the color of Ron Weasley's hair, and his hair was the color of rust. His clothes were dark green. It looked like Christmas threw up all over him.

The drakon had finished dissolving. All that was left was the meat, bones, and hide. I shivered. I was terrified of drakons ever since one almost killed Silena in the Battle of Manhattan.

The giant kicked at the remains. "No good," he frowned. "I wanted a new walking stick." Who goes walking in Tartarus for fun? I thought. "Good hide for the outhouse, though," the giant said. I shuddered.

"Bob?" I asked. "Do you want to introduce us?"

"Lavender..." Bob patted Percy's legs. "This is Percy."

"I meant to the giant," I groaned. "You promised he could help."

"Promise?" the giant asked, turning towards us. "That is a big thing. Why would Bob promise my help?"

"Dameson is a good giant," Bob said decisively. "He is peaceful. He can cure poisons."

"Very peaceful," I said, glancing at the drakon bones. I gulped.

Dameson led us into his hut. It was actually pretty cozy. I sat on the huge bed where Dameson had laid Percy down. Small Bob was curled up next to Percy.

"Can you cure Percy?" I asked Dameson, holding Percy's hand tightly in my own. I always thought of him as invincible. No matter what the enemy threw at him, he always bounced back. To see him like this was really hard for me. "Please, I love him."

"You don't hear words like those in Tartarus," Dameson frowned as he leaned over a large pot in his fireplace. "Promise, love."

"How about Gorgon's blood?" I demanded. "Can you cure it?"

"Hmph," Dameson frowned. "Stir," he told Bob, handing him the ladle. Dameson looked over a shelf of dry herbs. I wondered how he got them. He popped a fistful of an orangey red root into his mouth a started chewing it. He spit it out onto a clump of wool. "Cup of broth," he ordered. Bob handed Dameson a gourd filled with the broth. "Hardly a challenge." Dameson dunked the wool and stirred with his finger.

Dameson lifted Percy up with one hand and started feeding him the broth. With each sip, Percy's color began to return. When the gourd was empty, Percy's eyes fluttered open. He looked around in confusion. "Where are we?" he muttered.