Fight On

Here's chapter 56. Thanks for the reviews QuillMist9674, meera huang, lunarue.13, Nichole315, percyjacksonfan135, and ZoeyMarieSnape. To meera huang, the idea of elemental mages has been used in multiple PJO and HP fics I've read. To lunarue.13, Sirius will die and Nina will be going with Harry to the Department of Mysteries. Nina won't tell Apollo or Poseidon about the detentions and she will only get one because the blood quill won't work on her. Enjoy!

Chapter Fifty Six: Fight On

Our army converged in Central Park. We were waiting for the golden Titan. As soon as I saw him, I knew who he was, Hyperion, Titan of light. Grover stood next to me, the satyrs were all gathered behind him. A fat one pushed his way through the group. "Leneus?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't act so surprised. I am the leader of the Council, and you did tell me to find Grover. Well, I found him, and I'm not going to let a mere outcast lead the satyrs without my help!" Grover made gagging motions behind Leneus' back and I rolled my eyes at him. The Athena cabin was staying with Percy as were the Hunters and Thalia. I was going with Lav, Vati, and the rest of the Aphrodite cabin to the Lincoln Tunnel. The other cabins went elsewhere.

I summoned my bow and quiver from my charm bracelet. A small army came through after the sun had completely set. How is the sun even rising and setting if Apollo can't drive the sun chariot?

We made quick work of the monsters. We waited for more. That had hardly been a challenge. I looked at Parvati, confused. She shrugged, not knowing what was going on. A roar echoed throughout the entire tunnel. A vampiric monster came crashing through the tunnel, stamping on cars and shoving them out of her way. Instead of legs, the woman had a thick, blood red snake demon hissed at us. I had never heard of anything like her. "What is that thing?" Lavender asked. I shrugged and exchanged my bow for my knife. Vati and Lav followed my lead.

The snake woman hissed and charged at us. We had to dive out of the way just to avoid being crushed. The monster was agile and twisted around. Her tail had caught a son of Aphrodite and was squeezing him much like a python would. He was slowly turning blue. Vati slashed downwards at the tail. It bounced of the thick scales, but it sure got the creatures attention. The tail dropped Mitchell and one of his siblings ran forward and dragged him out of the way. He was gasping for breath and it looked like the tail had crushed his arm.

The creature rounded on my friends and me. She hissed and lunged. I rolled out of the way and slashed Mov upwards. The monster dodged it and slithered towards Lav. My friend jumped over the tail as it lashed out at her. She slashed at the creature with her knives. "I am Lamia," snarled the creature. "You cannot defeat the ssslayer of children!"

"Watch me," Lavender growled. I had never seen her looking so fierce. Her magic was glowing around her. She slashed and hacked at Lamia and the creature recoiled. She tried to slither away but was too late. Lav swiped both her knives across Lamia's chest and she turned into dust, a few red scales were all that remained.

I picked them up and handed them to my friend. "To the victor goes the spoils," I grinned. Lav smiled at me and carefully put the 5 scales in her pocket.

"Thanks, Nina!" We turned back to keep watch over the Lincoln waited for about an hour with no signs of any monsters. I looked at my watch, it was almost one in the morning. I sheathed Mov and sat down on the hood of a Honda. Lav and Vati had resorted to playing charades. I was about to join them, when a rumbling sound thundered through the tunnel. Everyone jumped to attention. A huge army of monsters surged forwards. They seemed shocked that we were still there. They pushed us back and out of the tunnel. We were no match for them.

"Retreat!" I yelled. All around, I noticed that all our forces were retreating. The Apollo cabin merged with us as a squadron of hellhounds chased after them. Will ran next to me.