Freya and the Order

Remus came to pick me up right after lunch. He congratulated all of us on beating Kronos. I hugged my friends and brother goodbye before grabbing Moony's hand. With a crack, we disappeared. I felt like I was being squeezed through a tube. It was much less comfortable then when I had apparated with Bill. I felt really queasy. Moony didn't look so good either. "First time apparating?" he asked.

"No, I apparated once to get to Kings Cross last year with Bill Weasley."

"Ah, yes. Bill's here, actually. So is Charlie." Remus handed me a piece of paper. It said 'The Order of the Phoenix resides at number twelve Grimmauld Place.' "You got all that?" he asked me. I nodded and looked up. A door was appearing in front of me. I love magic. We were about to walk in when a cry interrupted us. I turned and saw a little girl hiding behind the garbage bins. She poked her head out to see who we were before hiding again. Remus looked at me before going up in front of the bins. I heard a squeak, and the little girl ran out from her hiding spot. She ducked behind my legs and couldn't have been more than 3. I turned around and scooped her up as Remus walked over to me. She buried her face in my shoulder, shivering.

Rubbing her back, I asked, "What's your name, baby girl?"

"F-Freya. Y-you're not g-gonna take me back to my mommy are you?"

"Why don't you want to go back to your mom, Freya?" Remus asked.

She flinched back from him. "Sweetheart," I tried, "you're gonna have to tell us."

"Sh-she's mean. She gives me boo-boos. I don't like her. Please don't take me back." I looked at the little girl in my arms. There were bruises and cuts up and down her entire body. Her right arm was crooked. It looked broken.

"What about your dad, Freya?" Remus asked.

"I don't have one. He had to go away before I was born, and mommy says it's my fault. She doesn't like me."

"How old are you, Freya?" I asked.

"Five," she said, proudly holding up her left hand to show me."

A demigod Remus mouthed to me.

I think she's Apollo's I mouthed back. "Freya, what's your last name?"

"R-Roberts. My l-last name is Roberts"

That's the name of Apollo's daughter he told me about yesterday. "Don't worry, Freya. You can come home with us. Do you know how to read?"

She nodded eagerly and I handed her the paper. She frowned slightly as she struggled through reading it. I switched to Greek so I could talk to Remus without Freya hearing. She's a daughter of Apollo. He told me about her. We can keep her with us and then I'll take her back to camp over winter break.

This is Sirius' parents house. It's not really good for kids.

I don't care. I'm sure Sirius will enjoy meeting his baby cousin anyway.

She's your future step-daughter, Remus shrugged. I glared at him.

"You ready, Freya?" She nodded her head eagerly. I walked up to the door and opened it with the hand that wasn't supporting the little girl. As soon as I was inside, a wand was in my face. In pure childish curiosity, Freya poked the tip with her tiny finger. The tip illuminated and I saw the thin face of Bill Weasley. Freya reached out and pulled on his earring. He winced but didn't put his wand down.

"When and where was our first meeting, and what were you eating?"

"At my apartment in Manhattan before the Quidditch World Cup last year. I was eating cold pizza." Bill nodded and stuck his wand into his leather boot.