Home and Laybrinth

I woke up to people yelling. "It was Potter's fault!" I heard Sev's voice.

"That will do, Severus." That was Dumbledore's voice. I opened my eyes and sat up. "Think about what you are saying. This door has been locked since I left. Madam Pomfrey, have these students left their beds?"

"Of course not! I would have heard them!"

"Well, there you have it, Severus. Unless you are suggesting Harry and Hermione are able to be in two places at once, I'm afraid I don't see a point in troubling them any further." Sev turned around and stormed out of the room.

Minister Fudge said, "Fellow seems quite unbalanced. I'd watch him if I were you, Dumbledore." I snorted, Sev had just been acting. Both he and Sirius had told me stories of when they were teens and how they had acted like they hated each other. All three adults turned to me. Madam Pomfrey bustled about me, giving me potions and mumbling about how she should get a plaque that said 'Nina's Bed'.

"Ah, Miss Jackson," Fudge said, sitting in the chair next to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Minus the headache, I feel great."

"You weren't, well, you know, bitten by the werewolf, were you?"

"I don't think so. If I was, it was after I passed out. But, right now I don't feel any pain other than my headache so I'm going to guess I wasn't bitten."

Fudge nodded. "Would you mind telling us what happened out there, Christina? When we found you, Remus was still a werewolf and wouldn't let us anywhere near you until he changed back. He was curled up into your side when we got there," said Professor Dumbledore.

I decided against telling the two men about the nectar and ambrosia mixture. "Well, there were dementors all over the place, so when Professor Snape ran down to help Harry and Hermione, I was left on my own. I ran into the forest, forgetting about Ron, and just went where my feet took me. I ran to a clearing where I saw Professor Lupin. He wasn't looking at me, so I tried to back away. He started to sniff the air and then turned around. When his eyes landed on me, I completely froze. It felt like I literally couldn't move. He started to run at me, but I still couldn't move. He pounced on me and knocked me to the ground. That's when I hit my head on a rock. Professor Lupin started sniffing me, and I was paralyzed. I was so afraid he would bite me. Every time I tried to move, he would growl at me and then keep on sniffing. Eventually, he climbed off me and curled up into my side. I passed out then."

Fudge nodded before leaving. Dumbledore gave me a smile with that annoying twinkle in his eye. He left too and Hermione, Harry, and Ron came over to my bed. Harry and Hermione filled Ron and me in on how they had freed Sirius. I was impressed with how they had saved Sirius and Buckbeak. I was very happy that Buckbeak had been set free.

The next day, when I was let out of the Hospital Wing, I went straight to Professor Lupin's office. I knocked on the door and it swung open. Inside, I saw my professor packing all his things away. "You're leaving?" I asked as I stepped inside, the door swinging shut behind me.

He turned around and smiled at me. "Yes, don't worry. You'll still see me. I'm going back to Camp Half-Blood. I used to stay in the Big House when I was a teenager. I can't risk biting anyone else, Christina. I was so close to biting you."

"But you didn't. Besides, you won't have to worry about that anymore. The most you'll feel on the full moon is a mild migraine. That stuff I left out for you was a mixture of ambrosia and nectar. A few years back, Chiron found out that if you feed a werewolf a mix of the two immortal foods while they are in their wolf form, they will stop being able to transform on the full moon. You'll still have all the other symptoms, though."