Battle and I Love You

was in the middle of the cabin area, talking to Lee, Michael Yew, and Will Solace about me and their dad ( the definition of awkward right there), when the questers arrived. All four of them were there, plus one. They arrived on pegasi. Chiron, Sirius, and Silenus were there as well. The extra boy turned out to be Nico. I Hugged Tyson, then Percy. Next came Grover and, finally, Nico. I told him off for running away from camp.

They told us how they had seen Kronos rise (and how Rachel hit him in the eye with a blue plastic hairbrush) and that Quintus was really Daedalus. Chiron and Sirius shared a look like they had suspected this all along. Why didn't they tell me! Grover told us how they had watched Pan fade. Poor Grover, he spent so long searching for him just to watch him fade. You see, immortal beings can't die, but they can fade. They fade when people stop worshipping them or their domain disappears. The wild is slowly disappearing so Pan faded. Silenus didn't believe him and started yelling at him before storming off. Chiron sighed and told us to grab our armor and get everyone prepared for battle. I nodded and ran off to the archery range to warn those who were training.

Everyone was out there in the clearing and helping in some way. The Hermes and Apollo cabins were scattered throughout the trees and in the forest armed with bows. The dryads were armed with bows as well. The Hephaestus cabin had set up tons of traps using Greek Fire around Zeus' Fist. The Ares cabin was set up behind them in Phalanx formation. Clarisse was shouting out orders. Behind them, stood Beckendorf. He was armed with two catapults the size of pickup trucks. They were both aimed at the entrance. Behind him stood the rest of his cabin with their weapons. I looked over at little Harley. He had just turned eight last week and already, he was fighting in battle.

The satyrs were running around with wooden cudgels and trees made of tree bark. The Athena cabin were figuring out battle plans with the help of Remus who had a bow and quiver strapped to his back. I had seen him at the archery range and did not want to be on the wrong side of his bow. The Aphrodite children were running around straightening people's armors. I saw Silena kiss Beckendorf's cheek for good luck. If we all make it out of this alive, I swear I am going to get those two together. Lav, Vati, and Padma stood around me with their weapons drawn. Padma had never been one to miss out on the action and Lav and Vati just refused to leave my side. The twin sons of DIonysus were running around giving everyone juice boxes and water bottles. The children of Demeter were encasing the entrance in vines to make it harder for the monsters to exit the Labyrinth.

Sirius came up to me with Nico trailing behind him. Sirius had a sword strapped to his hip and Nico was holding one with a black blade. "It's not enough," he murmured so only Nico and I could here. I shook my head sadly. I looked around. At the edge of the clearing, Grover was holding Juniper's hands and whispering to her. I wish Apollo was here so I could tell him I love him. I had never said it to him even though he told me he loved me. I was just too nervous and didn't know if I really loved him yet.

"Chiron said he wants you guys to go where reinforcements are needed most when the battle starts," Sirius informed all of us. I nodded. I was watching Tyson move boulders next of the catapult. I felt the ground tremor and would have fallen over if Sirius hadn't caught me. I pulled Mov from its sheath and flicked my wrist. My wand shot from its holster into my left hand. SIrius had pulled out his sword. I turned of see Remus behind me with his bow aimed at the rock formation, arrow notched and ready to fly. I saw the red gleaming eyes of a dracaena through the vines that the Demeter cabin had conjured. She pulled out a bronze sword and easily sliced through the vines. The army of the Titans burst forth.

"Fire!" shouted Beckendorf. Two huge boulders hurtled towards the monsters and took out the dozen Laistrygonians up front. They were cannibalistic giants that were fire proof. Thirty or forty dracaenae burst forth from the Labyrinth next. The Apollo and Hermes cabins easily took them out with a volley of arrows. That's when Hades broke loose. The monsters seemed to stop coming in groups and just swarmed out of the entrance. I started to slash and hack my way through the creatures. I was separated from my friends.