Unwanted and wanted kisses

The D.A. was good for everyone. Harry was a pretty good teacher. He was a lot better than Umbridge anyway. During the first lesson, he went back to the basis. We did Expelliarmus. Zacharias Smith was against doing it. The funny thing was, he was the worst at it.

I was in Professor Binns' class. He was talking about a the Gigantomachy. It was funny how my uncle zeus finally managed to swallow his pride and teamed up with demigods. I heard a tapping at the window and turned to see two snowy owls. The one with rainbow wings was supporting the one without them.

Harry and I rose at the same time to open the window and let the owls in. Harry reached the window first. He gently picked up his owl and Skittles flew to me. I brought her to my desk and opened the letter she had brought me. It was from Chiron.
Dear Nina and Lavender,

It is with a heavy heart that I must tell you such upsetting news. Your brother arrived for winter break recently. The morning after he arrived, Silina went to wake him up. When she knocked on the door, there was no answer. She went in and found the room empty. There were no signs of a struggle. The bed was unslept in. I saw Percy go into his room myself. There is no telling what happened to him. Please come home for Christmas break to aid in the search.

My deepest apologies,

Chiron

I felt tears filling my eyes. I passed the letter on to Lavender. She started shaking as she finished the letter. Tears were welling in her glassy eyes. "Are you alright, Miss Brown?" Professor Binns asked. Lavender didn't answer. She just kept staring at the letter.

"Perhaps I should take her to the bathroom, Professor," I suggested, trying to hide my own tears. What had happened to my brother?

"Of course, Miss Jackson," Binns said.

I jumped up and grabbed Lav's arm. Skittles flew up onto my shoulder. Vati looked at us curiously before turning back to her notes. I rushed Lav to the nearest bathroom. Lav wrapped her arms around me and began sobbing. I gently rubbed her back and lowered us to the buried her face in the crook of my neck. I rested my chin on top of her head and let my own tears fall.

After a few minutes, Lavender pulled away. She wiped the tears away from her cheeks. "I-I'm going t-to go back to th-the dorm," she stuttered.

"Do you want me to come with you," I asked, trying to keep myself together for Lav's sake. She shook her head, not noticing the cracking of my voice.

"I-I want to be by myself for a little bit." I nodded in understanding. I could use some alone time as well. Lav left me alone. I barely registered the door shutting as I stood up. I walked over to the sink. I looked up into the mirror. My cheeks were a pasty white. My eyes were bloodshot.

I clenched my hands. I was shocked my hard grip didn't break the sink. I closed my eyes, attempting to block out the world. I felt my dam break as tears began pouring down my face. My life had been almost perfect. I had an amazing boyfriend and a huge family that almost all loved me. Now, it felt like my life had been riding on a thin piece of thread that had just snapped. I was gasping for breath. i felt anger bubbling up inside me. For once, my life had been amazing, and some deity had to go and ruin it. I felt my throat go raw as my scream pierced the silence. I brought my fistforward so it connected to the mirror. Glass shattered and went flying.

It was like time had slowed down. I could see a piece of glass heading for my Achilles heal, but I didn't move. I just stood there, almost as if I was welcoming death. I tried to think of the upsides of dying as the glass flew towards me. I could forever be with my favorite uncle. I could see all my friends who had been killed. but I would miss Apollo. As that thought went through my head, a tan hand darted out in front of my face.