Ledgends,Forgetting,and Bludgers

What do you think the writing on the wall was about," Lavender asked.

"I don't know," Vati said. "What's the Chamber of Secrets? I've never heard of it.

"I have," I told my best friends. "It's a chamber that was built by Salazar Slytherin. The entrance is secret and can only be accessed by Slytherin or his heirs. There is supposedly a monster in there that kills muggleborns. I read it in Hogwarts: A History. I was talking to Helena Ravenclaw, she's the Grey Lady, and she said that the monster was not brought to the castle to kill muggleborns. She said it was brought to defend the castle in times of great need and hardship. Overtime, the heirs of Slytherin started to use the creature to kill instead of save. No one knows what the monster is."

"Wow, I keep forgetting you know all this stuff," Lav said. I rolled my eyes and Vati slapped her over the head for her bluntness. She really lacks tact sometimes. "Wait, Nina, if someone is really attacking muggleborns, they might attack you. You're technically a muggleborn. You could die!"

"Chillax, Lav, I'll be fine. I'm Nina Jackson, daughter of Poseidon, slayer of the Chimera and Echidna. Don't worry," I told her. I wasn't so sure. Who knew what this monster was. I didn't want to admit it, but I was worried. I could get really hurt. Lav and Vati were safe, they were half bloods, two types of half bloods. I was very scared.

We went to History of Magic next. I overheard Hermione complaining about how she had to leave her copy of Hogwarts: A History. Get over it. When we sat down, she asked Professor Binns about the Chamber of Secrets. "I deal with facts, Miss Granger, not myths and legends. In September of that year, a subcommittee of Sardinian sorcerers-"

Hermione raised her hand again. Miss Grant?"

"Please sir, don't legends always have a basis in fact?"

Professor Binns noticed he had everyone's attention except mine, Parvati's, and Lavender's. He began repeating what I said that morning except what the Grey Lady told me. I tuned out here. I saw no reason to listen to it again.

Later on, I heard a girl crying in the third floor bathroom. I walked in to see what was wrong. I saw Ginny Weasley curled up on the ground sobbing. I sat down next to her and pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around and started crying into my shirt. I held her and rubbed her back. She pulled back, hiccupping. I smiled at her and pulled out my guitar. I strummed a few notes.

Where is the moment we needed the most

You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost

They tell me your blue skies fade to grey

They tell me your passion's gone away

And I don't need no carryin' on

You stand in the line just to hit a new low

You're faking a smile with the coffee to go

You tell me your life's been way off line

You're falling to pieces every time

And I don't need no carryin' on

Cause you had a bad day

You're taking one down

You sing a sad song just to turn it around

You say you don't know

You tell me don't lie

You work at a smile and you go for a ride

You had a bad day

The camera don't lie