High Inquisitor and the D.A.

The next day, I wrote a letter to Sirius. He asked us to call him Snuffles in our letters in case someone intercepted our letters.
Dear Snuffles,

I hope you and Freya have been doing better than the rest of us. We have this new defense teacher, Dolores Umbridge. She's awful. She's having us read first year material and she's not letting us use our wands. How are we supposed to learn? She used a blood quill on Harry and me! It didn't work on me because of...well, you know, the thing.

Is Freya doing okay? Is she still afraid of nearly everyone? Can you tell her about her dad? I would of it myself, but I'm not with you two.

Love,

Nina

I walked up to the Owlery. I passed by Peeves who was about to drop a bust on my head until he realized who I was. He grinned at me sheepishly before zooming back to his hiding place. I rolled my eyes at the poltergeist and continued on my way. Skittles, are you in here? I called, searching for my owl. A rainbow swooped down in front of me.

Hi, Nina. You need me to deliver a letter?

Yup. Can you bring this to Sirius at Grimmauld Place?

Sure! Skittles stuck out her leg and I tied the letter to it. She flew off into the ir and I ran down to the Great Hall. I was starving!

Vati showed me the Daily Prophet. The headline was Sirius being spotted in London. I'll bet Lucius Malfoy spotted him. That's what Malfoy meant when he said he would be dogging Harry and me. That little...

That night, Ron got a letter from Percy, his older brother. Percy believed what the ministry was saying and had cut all ties from the family. He said that Ron shouldn't hang out with Harry and me. Percy called me unbalanced and violent. I won't deny the fact that I am slightly violent at times, but I am most certainly not unstable. Ron called his brother a git.

Later that night, after everyone had left the common room, something appeared in the fire. I knelt down to get a closer look. Vati and Lav dropped to their knees beside me. Harry knelt beside Lav and Ron beside Vati. Hermione stood behind me. Sirius' head had popped up in the fire. "I was starting to think you all would go to bed before everyone else had disappeared. I've been checking every hour. Hello, Lavender, Parvati."

"Hi,Sirius," the sisters grinned. Sometimes I wonder if they're twins instead of Padma and Vati.

"This was the only way I could answer Harry's letter. I didn't want to resort to codes because they're breakable."

"What about my letter?" I asked, slightly annoyed he hadn't wanted to answer me.

"I didn't need to put any disclosed information in my response to you, Nina. Freya says hi, by the way." Sirius told Harry that he didn't think his scar hurting had anything to do with Umbridge. It was probably just the fact that Voldemort was back and gaining power. Sirius also told us that Fudge thought Dumbledore was making a wizard army out of the students. How ridiculous can you get to ignore the truth? Sirius disappeared with a tiny pop just as a first year came down to grab a book. He looked at us oddly. I guess we did look pretty strange sitting around the fire like this.

The next day, Lavender threw the Daily Prophet down in front of me. The article was not good.

MINISTRY SEEKS EDUCATIONAL REFORM

DOLORES UMBRIDGE APPOINTED FIRST-EVER "HIGH INQUISITOR"

Basically, Umbridge got to inspect all the teachers, fire the ones she didn't approve of, and make whatever educational degree she could think up. Great, what next, I'll meet a tomboy daughter of Aphrodite?