This is War

Chiron told us he was going to go gather allies. Hopefully he gets the Party Ponies. We all went inside we all went inside after he cantered off. The guy behind the desk asked, "School group? We're about to close up."

"No," Percy said. "600th floor."

"There is no 600th floor, kid. Move along." He noticed our weapons and still wasn't letting us up! What the Hades is his problem? Does he not know that the second titanomachy is starting right now?

"40 demigods attract an awful lot of monsters," I smirked. "You really want us hanging out in your lobby?" The guys eyes widened in fear and he handed us the key card. We went up in two groups of 20. I took the last group up and Percy took the first group up. A disco tune was playing. A disturbing image of Apollo in bell-bottom jeans and a silk shirt filled my mind. If I make it out of this alive, I'm going to make him swear on the Styx never to wear that, ever.

I looked over and saw Lav, Percy, and Annabeth talking quietly. Vati came over to me. "Where did you go? You look different, more invincible than you already did."

"Tell you later, we need to keep moving." Percy and I led the demigods to the throne room. No one was guarding it. The ophiotaurus was in one corner of the throne room. He mooed at us happily. We walked towards the center of the thrones.

"Hello, Percy and Christina Jackson. You and your friends are welcome."

Lady Hestia stood by the hearth, caring for it. "Lady Hestia," Percy and I bowed. She had come to talk to us while we were waiting for the demigods to reach Manhattan. Our friends followed our example.

"I see you went through with your plans. You both bear the Curse of Achilles." The campers began muttering amongst themselves. Percy and I nodded. "You must be careful. You gained much on your journey. You gained much in your journey. But you are still blind to the most important truth. Perhaps a glimpse is in order." My brother and I stared into Hestia's eyes. She showed us when Luke and Thalia found Annabeth. Luke gave Annabeth her knife and promised that the three of them would always be family. I had a feeling that would be important to remember.

The scene shifted. Annabeth, Thalia, and Luke were running. It looked like several days had passed. Thalia was limping on her left leg. They ran to a house. Thalia was a little iffy about Luke going in there. She said he had sworn never to go back. This was Luke's mom's house. A gold flash illuminated the clearing and a man's voice bellowed, "You should not have come home!" The vision turned off.

I looked at Hestia again and she shook her head. They had not seen the vision. "How long were we out?" Percy asked.

"You weren't ut at all," Annabeth informed us.

"You looked at Hestia for a second then collapsed," Lav added.

"Um, Lady Hestia," Percy said as we stood up, "we've got urgent business. We need to see-"

"We know what you need," a man's voice said. I would recognize it anywhere, Hermes, the man from the vision. Hermes appeared next to Hestia. The demigods all bowed to him. Hestia bowed to Hermes as well before disappearing. "Hello, Percy, Nina, my kids, and other demigods."

Hello, Lord Hermes. Hey, George. Hello, Martha," Percy and I said together.

"I am Zeus' messenger. May I take a message?" Hermes seemed to be trying not to roll his eyes.

"Connor, Travis, lead a sweep of Olympus," I ordered. I had a feeling we should be speaking in private. "Meet us back here in thirty minutes. Annabeth, Lav, Vati, you three stay with us." Connor and Travis seemed very excited to have gotten an important mission in front of their dad. He smiled at them as they led the demigods out of the room. Lav, Vati, and Annabeth walked up to stand next to Percy and me.