Sight and Percy

The next morning, Lavender made me float down to the Great Hall. Lav, Vati, and I giggled the whole way. When we got down there, Malfoy was doing an impression of Harry passing out. I rolled my eyes at his immaturity. Pansy Parkinson spotted me. "Hey, Jackson! Jackson! The dementors are coming, Jackson! Woooooooo!" I rolled my eyes and Parvati started cursing in Indian and Ancient Greek under her breath.

When we sat down, Fred and George passed us our schedules. We told them about Malfoy and Parkinson. They growled. "That little git," growled George. ""He wasn't so cocky last night when the dementors were down our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself," Fred agreed with a glare at Malfoy. I laughed and started to eat my waffle. Skittles flew in and landed on the table next to my dish.

How are you feeling, Nina? she asked as she grabbed a strawberry.

Better, I still can't walk.

How are you going to get around?

McGonagall showed me a charm that makes you float. Lav and Vati agreed to float me around the castle.

That's nice of them.

Ron and Hermione started up a conversation about how you can't be in three classes at once. I rolled my eyes. Those two are always fighting. Can't they give it a rest? I looked at my schedule, we had divination first. Fred gave me very clear instructions on how to get there. Parvati floated me down the corridors and I told them when to turn, having memorized Fred's instructions. Lavender climbed up the ladder and held the trap door open for me. Vati then floated me up, following close behind.

Inside the classroom, were a bunch of beanbag chairs and chintz armchairs. Vati set me down in an armchair and she and Lav sat on the two beanbag chairs. I felt so tall. I'm used to being the shortest. I had only reached 5'. Lav and Vati were both 5" taller than me. "Welcome," came a voice from behind me. I wanted to turn around to see who it was, but I didn't want to hurt my back worse. "How nice to see you in the physical world at last. Sit, my children, sit." I wasn't sure what to make of this lady as she came into my view. "Welcome to Divination. My name is Professor Trelawny. You may not have seen me before. I find that descending too often into the hustle and bustle of the main school clouds my inner eye."

Lavender, Parvati, and I were interested in what Professor Trelawney had to say. I had only ever gotten the opinion of one other prophetic-seer, and I now hated that man, I mean god. It was nice to hear a new opinion of the inner eye. "So, you have chosen to study Divination, the most difficult of all magical arts." I'll say, it takes forever to determine what some of my visions mean. "I must warn you from the outset that if you do not have the sight, there is very little I can teach you." Lav and Vati smirked at me. I stuck my tongue out at them. "Books can only take you so far in this field..." I almost laughed at Hermione expression.

"Many witches and wizards, though talented in making loud bangs, smells, and sudden disappearances, are yet unable to penetrate the veiled mysteries of the future. It is a gift to few. You, boy." She pointed at Neville. "Is your grandmother well?"

"I-I think so," Neville stammered.

"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you, dear." Neville gulped. I glanced into the future to see for myself if what Trelawney was saying was true. I saw Neville's gran sick in bed with the flu. Vati and Lav looked at me. I nodded my head. 'In a week she'll come down with the flu,' I mouthed to my friends. They nodded. "We will be covering the basic methods of Divination this year. The first term will be devoted to tea term we shall progress to palmistry. By the way, my dear," Trelawney turned to Vati, "beware a red-haired man." I quickly glanced into the future. A demigod fighting with Luke had cornered Vati in London and was trying to force her to join. She skewered him quickly. I whispered what would happen to her and she relaxed. Everyone except Vati, Lav, and I were glaring at Ron. "In the third term, we shall progress to the crystal ball-if we have finished fire omens, that is. Unfortunately, in February, classes will be interrupted by a nasty flu epidemic. I myself will lose my voice. And around Easter, one of our number shall leave us forever."