thirty one

Dinah's POV

While all of my friends and family are out and getting turnt up at NYE parties I'm going to be spending my evening with my two favorite people, Skylar and Y/N. Y/N's out getting food while I'm braiding Skylar's hair. I feel kinda bad for Y/N though he's out in the cold busy streets getting food while we're here at the apartment all nice and comfortable.

"Dinah did you make a New Years revolution?" Skylar asked.

"Its resolution princess and yes I did make one." I said.

"What is it?" Skylar asked.

"To be a better person." I said.

"That's a good one, mine is to be a good kid every single day." Skylar sad.

I kissed Skylar on the forehead and said, "You're already a good kid princess so you have nothing to worry about."

"But I gotta be extra good if I want you to adopt me." Skylar said.

"Y/N plans on adopting you?" I asked.

"Mmhm, I asked him at my father-daughter dance if he would be my daddy and he said he would think about it. I hope really he says yes because I really want him to be my daddy." Skylar said.

I finished braiding Skylar's hair and put her hair products away. I sat back down on the couch and Skylar sat in my lap. "Why do you want Y/N to adopt you princess?" I asked.

"I love him that's why and he's the only one that really takes care of me. When daddy comes home he's gonna be mad at mommy for cheating, so that means they're getting a divorce. After that they're gonna fight over who I should be with and I don't want to be in the middle of that so if Y/N adopts me I'll be safe." Skylar said.

"How can so much knowledge fit in such a tiny little head?" I asked.

"I'm not the average five year old that's why. I pay attention to stuff. Like how you and Y/N haven't banged in a really long time. Keep it up, I like sleeping without hearing you call Y/N papi." Skylar said.

I tried to find the words to say but since Skylar had completely exposed me I had nothing to say.

"Do you think that you could convince Y/N to adopt me?" Skylar asked.

"How am I gonna convince your stubborn ass brother to do that?" I asked.

"Give up them goods girl. Break him off with some of that poly cookie one time. Bust it open! Just get him to adopt and I will love you forever Dinah." Skylar said.

"The things I let you talk me into doing. I will talk to your brother about this but I can't make you any promises." I said.

"I'll take what I can get. But if talking doesn't work use your mouth for other purposes." Skylar said.

"I swear you....you're too damn smart for me. And I better not hear you talking like that again. Understood?" I said.

"Yes ma'am." Skylar said.

Y/N came into the apartment and he was trembling like crazy. I took off his bomber jacket and sat down on the couch. He wrapped himself in the blanket and said, "Don't you ever send me to get food on the coldest busiest day of the year ever again."