twenty three

Y/N POV

You know what they say, when life throws you lemons, take them bitches, squeeze the fuck out of them, and make some lemonade. After my mom chose her man over her kids and kicked me out I was a little bit hurt about it but I didn't let it keep me down for long. I could've easily went to Lauren or Mani's place to crash but those were the first places my mom would've looked. Instead of going to one of my best friends places, I went to only person I really trust, Mrs. Greenleaf.

I didn't hook up with her if that's what you're wondering. I stayed in her guest room for awhile and while I was there I did some apartment hunting. The original plan was to move out after graduation but due to recent events my plan has changed. With the help of my friends at the club I was able to find the perfect place for Skylar and I to stay. I tried to convince Yasmine to come with us but she wants to stay at the house. As long as I have Skylar with me I'm good.

With the money I saved up I was able to pay the rent for a few months and get some nice things for the apartment. When I told the guys at the club what I was doing they all came together to help me get settled into my new place. Now today is the day I bring Skylar over to show her the new place and I hope she likes it.

After school I picked Skylar up from her class and took her to our favorite ice cream shop to get a milkshake. Skylar was siting in the backseat of our apartment as happy as she could be sing along the Sing soundtrack.

"Where are we going Y/N?" Skylar asked.

"It's a big surprise princess." I said.

"Well are we there yet?" Skylar asked.

I pulled into the parking lot of our apartment building and parked the car, "We are now."

Skylar and I got out of the car and walked in through the main entrance. "This is a really nice place." Skylar said.

"Yeah it is." I said.

I picked Skylar up and carried her into the elevator. "Which number Y/N?" She asked.

"Seven." I said.

Skylar pressed the number seven and large elevator doors closed so we could go up. The ride stopped and once the doors opened we walked out.

"Alright princess when you find the door with 727 on it, stop." I said.

Skylar slowly walked down the hall looking at the doors trying to find the number I told her to find. At the end of the hall Skylar stopped and pointed at the door. "I found 727!" Skylar said excitedly.

"Good job princess, now close your eyes for me and now peeking." I said.

"Otay." Skylar said.

I unlocked the door and led Skylar into the apartment. I put our book bags by the door and took our shoes off. We walked down the hallway until we reached the living room. I took out my phone so I could record this and send it Yasmine and Dinah.

"Alright princess open your eyes." I said.

Skylar opened her eyes and looked around. "Whoever lives here has really good taste. This place is lit." She said.

"Well guess who's place it is." I said.

"Is it ours?" Skylar asked.

I nodded my head, "Yeah baby girl this is our place." I said.

Skylar put her hands over her eyes and started crying. I knew Skylar was gonna be happy but I didn't expect her to cry. I kneeled down so I could give Skylar a hug, the bond Skylar and I have is unbreakable. Even though she's younger than I am I trust her and she trust me. Yeah, our family is a little messed up but Skylar and I always stick together.