Chapter 26

~ Marcus POV ~

"Um, Marcus it looks like you don't have anything. However you hand is gong to take a while to heal, but other then that. Um…" doctor Johnston trailed off. "Let me ask you something son." He placed the clipboard on the table or desk or whatever the fuck it was behind him.

"I thought you were married or engaged? So, why get an STD test if the both of you are clean and I hope you've been practicing safe sex. I mean that's what all doctors have to say, but if your married then you should have nothing to fear. Unless." I turned to look out the window. Staring off into the beautiful gray sky watching as lightning rolled off, yet light rain following shortly after.

"Son. Being married is a chore within its self, but stepping out on such said commitment before Jesus Christ himself is more then the up most sin. Well that and letting someone lay where you sleep, but as I suspect that you've done that as well. I've known you for quite sometime, so let me ask you this." I could see him out the corner of my eye. I watched as he grabbed some Kleenex and gave them to me.

"Did it feel good to betray the one thing that we as men have to hold us up. Our backbone, our holders, our support, our stronghold. Yes, God made man for woman and woman for man, but if and however I'm not one to condemn anyone to all damnation for who they choose to love, but answer this to your self. Is the price of the flesh worth the loss of eternal love?" Dr. Johnston grabbed his clipboard from off the table. "I'll write you a prescription for ainti-depressant and I'll leave it with the nurse. I'll give you a minute to get your self together. Give some thought to what I said." He patted me on the back, then left the room. As soon as the door closed quietly the storm that stirred outside shortly reverted into a hurricane. Tears dripping from my eyes as I sat and watched my life turn into the one thing I sought to fight for.

My parents.