Chapter 18 - Photograph

Every chapter would have a song which relates to the chapter. Before you read this Chapter make sure you listen to "Photograph By Ed Sheeran" while reading to get the feels :)  

"How is she?" Cisco asks. Barry nervously kicks the plastic wrapper on the floor.

"They are twin girls..."

"No way! Wow, baby girls!" Cisco responds excitedly.

"But Caitlin is still unconscious" He gulps.

"Barry..." Cisco trails off.

"This is all my fault!" He confesses.

"How is it your fault, Barry? You both wanted kids what is so wrong about that? You both are married!"

"Cisco, You know speed and cold are opposites if they..." He pauses.

"Barry you are not going to loose her" Cisco gives him a reassuring look.

A doctor comes out of Caitlin's hospital room.

Barry rushes to her "How is she? Is she alright?"

"Are you Caitlin Allen's Husband?" She asks looking at her clipboard.

"Yes! Yes!" Barry nods.

"Well, Caitlin is fine, her heart beat is normal. She just hasn't woken up. But you can go and see the girls, they are asleep" She finally looks up from her clipboard.

"Thank You! Thank You!" Barry speeds past the Doctor and into the room. He sees on a small crib, two baby girls.

"Hey, you both look beautiful..." He whispers. His eyes flooded with tears, as his lips formed a smile.

"I'm never gonna let anyone take you from me, I love you so much" He tried sniffing discretely, as he smiled brightly.

Barry holds one of the new borns to his shoulder, she was smaller than a bag of sugar. Tiny toes peek from her blanket, dangling in the summer breeze.

"She looks beautiful doesn't she"

He looks up to see Caitlin smiling weakly at him.

He slowly puts the newborn back into the crib and speeds over to Caitlin and kneels next to her bed holding her hand.

"You Okay?" He asks nervously, palms sweaty.

"Barry, I am fine, Did you get some sleep at all?" Looking at the bags under his eyes.

"I couldn't until I knew you were okay!" He protests.

She forces a smile "Should we name them?"

Barry nods eagerly.

"I always loved the name Bella" Barry suggests.

"What about Nora? In honour of your mother, I may have never met her but she must have been a caring, loving mother to have a son like you."

Slowly, inexorable, Barry presses his lips to Caitlin's. It's soft and gentle and chaste and maybe there's no fireworks or sparks, but it's better than that - it's wave of warmth that fills him up, spilling out from his heart and the warmth of Caitlin's lips on his and rushing to every corner of his body. Every inch of him is saturated with love. They both hear cries and slowly pull back.

"Yes, Let's name them Nora and Bella...Allen" Barry smiles.

"Barry, I guess we both should be prepared for a late night" she chuckles.

A slow smile spread over his gaunt features, this must be happiness. Nothing and no-one can interrupt this moment or take away what was in front of him. He had everything he wanted if only his Parents could see how happy he was and got to meet Baby Bella and Baby Nora.