Chapter 2 - Something Just Like This

Every chapter would have a song which relates to the chapter. Before you read this Chapter make sure you listen to "Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers" while reading to get the feels :)

Barry and Caitlin were walking into Star Labs together, they finally wanted to tell the team the truth. They couldn't lie to their friends any longer. Caitlin stopped in her tracks, Barry saw how nervous Caitlin was, he walked over and snaked his arm around her waist and looked at her reassuringly, Caitlin took a deep breath and walked in the lab with her boyfriend. Cisco was speaking to Wally and HR while Iris and Joe were sipping their coffee. Everyone looked at Caitlin and Barry in shock, no one said a word. Until Cisco coughed and asked, "What happened?"

Barry looked over at Caitlin who was fidgeting with her empty coffee cup. He tightened his grip on her waist, she turned to face him and smiled. Caitlin explained everything that has happened. Everyone in the room stood there in an awkward silence. Caitlin broke the silence and faced Cisco "I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts, I don't want a superhero boyfriend and I love Barry Allen, not the Flash, I just want someone I can turn to and somebody who will love me through everything"

Barry smiled and leant over and kissed her softly, Caitlin kissed him back but moved away in case her Killer Frost side takes over. She wasn't fully in control yet but it was getting better.

Barry turned to see Joe's reaction and then at Iris's, whose eyes were glassy. Her voice began to crack "Y-you broke off the engaged to be with someone else?!"

Guilty, Barry went over to comfort Iris but she just forced him away yelling "Don't come near me" and she left the room in tears.

Joe gave a frustrated look at Barry and rushed out to comfort Iris.

The room was filled with silence until H.R said "Wow that was tragic"

Cisco nudges him to make him shut up and then suggests "Ok how about we figure out who Savitar is"

Barry sits down and puts his hand on his head in despair "Oh great I totally forgot about him"

Barry faces Caitlin she walks over to him and touches his hand "Don't worry the guy who I fell for always figured out a way"

With a pained expression Barry asks "How can I beat him when I'm not fast enough", she kneeled down in front of him and put her arm around his neck and whispers "Barry Allen always has hope no matter what, I know even if The Flash isn't fast enough, the Barry Allen I know will think of something"

Barry stares at her beaming, his eyes have his trademark sparkle in them. She moves closer to kiss him then remembers what will happen so she shuffles back apprehensively yet Barry, seeing the fear in her eyes, embraces her closer and cups her cheeks leaning closer to her face, his forehead pressing against hers and his bright green eyes staring at her widely and then kisses her lips, eyes squinted "I love you"