Chapter 17 - A Thousand Years

Every chapter would have a song which relates to the chapter. Before you read this Chapter make sure you listen to "A Thousand Years By Christina Perri Ft. Steve Kazee" while reading to get the feels :)  

"Let me fix your hair" Mrs Tanhauser comments.

Annoyed, Caitlin moves her mother's hand. "Mum It looks fine to please"

She turns to see her mother who has tears dripping, she quickly puts her hands up and wipes them.

Sympathetically Caitlin says "Mum please don't cry!"

"How do you expect me not to cry! My daughter is getting married"

Someone knocks on the door. "Wait honey you stay there, I will check it!" Mrs Tanhauser hurries to open the door.

"Hi, I..." Barry trails when he sees a glimpse of Caitlin.

"Barry!! You are not supposed to see the bride before the wedding" she throws a shoe at him.

He chuckles "Sorry, I couldn't help my self, you look..."

Mrs Tanhauser stands covering his view of Caitlin. "You can comment on how she looks at the aisle"

He puts his arms to surrender "Fine! Fine! I am leaving!"

She briskly shuts the door and gets to Caitlin.

"Ready to put on the dress!"

Caitlin looks up at her beaming "Yes!"

*At The Wedding*

Caitlin curls her fingers around the bouquet. At last, she could release her past, let it float away into obscurity She watched Barry standing in front of her, all her fears disappeared. She would never fear the darkness again because she would never be alone. The wind ruffled her simple white dress and from inside the organ began to play. Her father strolls over and gently takes her arm and leads her up the aisle. It was a perfect start, a perfect day and Barry was her perfect match.Time stood still. He stared at the sight of her, her soft ivory shoulders were exposed and her brunette curls fell down her back. Her lips were carefully tinted red and her skin was flawless. He knew he had found the home for his heart he wanted to grow old with her. He wanted to spend the rest of his life with the woman in front of him and he was going to help her get rid of all the darkness around her and bring in the light.