Chapter 14 - Wreck Of Our Hearts

Every chapter would have a song which relates to the chapter. Before you read this Chapter make sure you listen to "Wreck Of Our Hearts By Sleeping Wolf" while reading to get the feels, I'm so sorry for another sad chapter! I will publish the next part soon!

He takes her hand and walks into the living room where Mr and Mrs Tanhauser were sitting. 

They suddenly stand up when they see Barry and Caitlin walk in.

"Cait is everything okay? You look nervous, you're biting your lower lip again" Mr Tanhauser asked nervously.

Barry turned her so she is facing him and kisses her on the forehead.

"Mum...Dad..." she sighs.

Mrs Tanhauser paces over to Caitlin "Honey what is it?"

"I'm pregnant" she murmurs while keeping her gaze on Barry who is smiling reassuringly at her.

"Oh. God." Mr Tanhauser responds to the news.

"No No! I don't accept this!" Mrs Tanhauser protests.

She faces her husband "Say something?!"

He looks over at Caitlin "Come with me, we are leaving this City, it's dangerous"

Caitlin stands there "No! No! No! I am not going to leave, Barry"

"Please Mr Tanhauser, we want to look after the baby together" Barry pleads.

"I'm sorry, Barry but my grand child cannot be here, it is too dangerous with Savitar around! If you two were married we would have considered staying"

"Thank you and you made her pregnant so you definitely can't come! If the child stays here with him, it will get hurt like everyone around him! If you don't want to loose your child let us leave!" Mrs Tanhauser explained.

Barry's eyes shifted to the side and became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. As he blinked, they dripped from his eyelids and slid down his cheeks. He bit his lips tightly in an attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from his mouth; his heart sank.

His lower lip quivered as words slowly made their way out of his mouth "Okay..." he began, yet what followed was engulfed in the tremors.

"No, you can't do this! Mum, you never accepted this relationship from the start! You are only doing this to separate us!"

Caitlin broke into tears.

"Cait, your mother is right, this is best for you and the child." Her father stated.

She gazed at Barry. He looks up at her with fresh tears falling.

She walks slowly towards him and takes his hand.

"I love you..."

Tears spilt down his cheeks, she lets go of his hands.

She didn't look back, didn't dare, in fear of the pain she was causing him.

This couldn't be how it was going to end. It couldn't end with her leaving him. She walked slowly, each footstep resonating in his head.

Caitlin suddenly felt the wind push her hair away. Stood in front of her was Barry, who raised his hand, and wiped the tears pouring from his eyes away from his cheeks.