Chapter 51

Klaus was astonished, amazed, and then also frightened, everybody was surprised, all the words describing their amazement, and then confusion waved over their faces.

But Damon,  he just smirked.

"That's my girl." He said taking deep tired breaths. Stefan looked at me, and Klaus cocked his head, while Rebekah just stood there.

"Kylie, you never seem to stop impressing me." He said with his hands behind his back, locked circling around me.

"That's nice, but can you let Damon go now?" I said, not of a question, but more of a command. My voice was trembling, I couldn't even hold myself together. Yesterday I almost died, transported my consciousness all the way to the other side of Mystic Falls  and now I just found out I could compell vampires. I was scaring myself.  What else could I do?

Klaus smiled at me a sly, stupid smile, and then moved on to Damon, holding his face up.

I'll wipe that stupid smirk off your face. I thought and Klaus's smile got even bigger, looking at me like he could read my mind or something.

"Minus the stake that's in my brother, how many more stakes are out there that can kill me?" Klaus compelled Damon, and I can hear even Rebekah's heart racing. Damon picked up his head and then dropped it as Klaus waited for an answer.

"Eleven." Damon said as I whipped my head around to look at Stefan. What the hell where these two thinking hiding eleven freaking stakes? This wasn't part of the plan, they didn't even tell me they hid extra stakes.

"11! Really? So not eight then?" Klaus said turning angry.

"You really shouldn't have lied."  I glared at Rebekah as she stopped talking. She was making things worse.

"We'll get you the other three." Stefan said avoiding all eye contact with me, knowing I was going to give him an angry staredown.

"That would be nice. Or since you lied, maybe I'll just compel your brother to chew out his own tongue?" Klaus commanded  as Stefan looked at him, almost chuckling.

"What is wrong with you?" Stefan stated.

"What is wrong with you! Do you really have no appreciation for me? I have given you someone to hate, to loathe, a target for all your anger. So you don't have to turn it all on yourself. I have given your life purpose as your friend. And you Kylie, given you a chance to live again, all this power, a hybrid witch, and now look at you, you can compel vampires. You really should be thanking me." As soon as he said that I smashed him in the face and kicked him in his stomach and  Stefan took over by pushing me aside and grabbing  him by his collar  instantly slamming  him to the wall.

Stefan was so close to stabbing him in the heart with a stake but Klaus was holding him back.

"Step down, or you both die, and I turn Kylie once again to serve me." Stefan was not moving. He was just staring into Klaus, challenging him.