Chapter 45

It was 3 am when I woke up to just get a quick drink. For the first time in a week, Damon was sleeping. He had seen my mood changes and knew I was hungry. He was keeping an eye on me. Stefan was in the shower and I only had ten minutes to go out and get a quick snack. Damon was a light sleeper so me tipey toeing my way downstairs looked pretty scary.

I raided the fridge in five seconds, but that only worsened my hunger. Humans fill me up more right?

I put on my sweater and sneaked out into the woods yet again. I compelled a young high school girl to be my personal blood bag in and out of school, so I would never starve. And she was AB- the rarest blood type found in humans. Elena's blood type.

I drank from her for minutes. After her body went stiff  I had  forgot I still needed her. I stopped compelling her to forget and then go home. 

I climb through my bedroom window and almost stumble onto the floor, I caught myself quickly though not making one soft sound. I had done everything right. I went out for five minutes and came back in time. Nobody had seen me but as soon as I touch the floor, my foot rolls on a blue pen that just happened to be there and me being the clumsy person that I am, I tripped trying to also hold on to the edge of the window slamming my nose onto the wall holding it in the most in silent pain. 

The lights in my room flick on and Immediately I jump and fall to the floor, holding my bruised nose that already seemed to be healing. 

I turned around. Stefan's standing right here, his arms crossed and his head cocked, waiting for me to explain myself.

"Hey, Steffie! Big bro, what's up, how's it going? Sleeping well? Great! Now let me just-"

"Not so fast Ky." He said stopping me from going under the covers and hiding from him and Damon for the rest of eternity.

"Where were you?" He asks as I was trying to think  of what to say to him. Oh yeah I was just out drinking from a 100 couple people and then compelling them all to feel strong when they wake up in the morning and not like the life out of them from a vampire.

"Out? Why do you ask big bro." I ask as he suspiciously keeps asking me like hes the FBI or something.