Chapter 14 - Ben

“CHLOE! Over here!” I saw Ben waving when I was bicycling to my home. I just visited Louis.

I squeezed the brakes and stopped next to him, I stepped off my bike and gave him a friendly hug.

What? I can hug my best friend, right?

Don’t panic, he knew about my boyfriend.

I smelled a slight odor of gin and beer in his black goat, and a dusty haze flew through my nostrils.

Was he drunk? No, he probably wasn't.

“He chicky, how are ya?” He said with a weak smile, let we say he wasn’t trying to get a full, strong smile.

“Fine, how about you?”

 “Great, great. It was your birthday yesterday, wasn’t it?” He coughed and his eyes were half-opened. I nodded weakly.

“Yeah it was” I mumbled

I didn’t feel like to talk about being a year older. That’s not nice at all.

“I have a present for you” He said, showing a packed object.

“You shouldn’t have done that” I said while walking to a stone wall near by an alley. I placed my bike against it. I locked it and walked back to Ben. Who was still holding the packet.

“I have to! My best friend become once 18 years old.”

He haven’t to say ’18 years OLD’. That made me feel like a old woman, who was acting like a little child sometimes. That she didn’t know that she was 18 years OLD, and behave like one.

He smiled and pointed to a bench in the alley.

 First I doubted about going in there, I don’t like dark spaces, that are isolated from the outside world. But my courage won and my fear surrendered. I followed Ben to the wooden bench.

“Here you go” He gave me the present and I tore the colored paper apart.

I was holding a necklace in my hand with at the end a round shaped kind of diamond.

The first question that popped in my head was;

was it real?

Full of surprise I stared at Ben.

“Is this.. How much did this cost?” I asked holding the necklace in my hand.

“That doesn’t matter, it matters that your happy with it” He replied, staring at my hand.

“I’m happy if you tell me how much you’ve paid for this”

“Nothing” he said simple.

“Nothing!?” I repeated with disbelief

“Yep” He said, popping the ‘p’.

Why are boys saying that word, always with a popping ‘p’?

“Ben, seriously. Did you steal this?”

I was scared he wasn’t the guy during primary anymore, that I guessed wrong. That he didn’t change.

“No I didn’t. Be happy with it. Jesus Chloe, please, just trust me. I asked a friend of mine that he could arrange something, happy now?” He said in an anger voice.

Now I was a bit scared…

“S-sorry, I’m happy w-with it” I stammered out, trying to put the chain on.

“It’s okay, sorry. Let me help you” He volunteered, he seemed calmed down now.

I nodded and turned my back to him. He took the chain and wrapped around my neck. He was very close and I felt his heavy breathing. The scent of alcohol embraced me.

Suddenly two hands grabbed my breast, Ben pulled me roughly to his body. His hands were making a way to my underbody. I tried to get away from him, but he was too strong.

I kicked with my feet but it didn’t help. My head was shaking. I couldn’t scream, my voice was stuck in my throat.

“If you want this easy you should stop protesting” He said in my ear. Breathing heavy, his voice didn’t sounded nice anymore.More rough with a hint of anger.

But I didn’t stop protesting I tried to get free. But it failed.

“So you want it the hard way? Fine” He said with a low, anger voice.

“Ben.. Please.. Let.. Me.. Go” I begged, tears filled my eyes. My muscles weren’t work anymore, they became weaker and weaker, my body stopped slowly protesting.

“Why? I have you now. I always wanted you, your body. You’re mine now” He smirked.

More tears filled my eyes. I tried for the last time to shake off his hands, who were trying to get loose my buttons of my pants.

“STOP PROTESTING BITCH!” He screamed.

And before I knew everything became dark.

*********

When I opened my eyes I felt my body laying on the pavement.

My head was hurting and I felt dizzy. My body wasn’t strong enough to stand up. I was just laying there, alone.

Nobody could see me, nobody could help me.

I saw a bundle of light at the end of the alley, but I saw nobody walking. I wanted to scream, I wanted to yell. But there was no sound going out of my mouth. Memories were replaying in my head when I was little.

Then I noticed the red colored blood that was streaming from my head on the ground. The pain became stronger when I saw it. I touched my head and felt a big gap.

I didn’t cry because my eyes were dry and I hadn’t the strength. I tried to pulled myself together and yelled one thing: “HELP!”

Hoping that someone would hear me. Because of the loud noise that I made, a large, painful sting flew through my head.

When I tried to stand up I also noticed that I didn’t wear all my clothes anymore. My pants was on the opposite of me and my underwear was hanging halfway  down my legs.

I grabbed my underpants and pulled it up. I heard footsteps and saw a lovely young boy standing next to me. He bowed on his knees and looked concerned.

I recognized him, he was familiar to me. Then I saw his birthmark..

O GOD.

The last thing I heard was my name and everything became black, again. 

------------------------------------------------

I know, terrible cliffhanger sorry! x