Chapter 18 - Letters

I blinked and stared straight ahead. Still processing what Liam just said to me. Every single word hits my heart every single time. How did he know all that stuff about me? I barely talked to him, like I remember. We weren’t friends, we weren’t buddies, we were total strangers to each other. But why sent he that invitation to me? Why so sneaky, why?

I shook the thoughts away with my head and continued my walk again. I left the grass field and the memory behind me, and left.

Well.. The memory was still here, but I ignored the questions and focused on the street. When I lifted my head up, looking at the sky. It turned dark, it was late after all. Big, dark clouds were surrounding the blue sky. It seemed they wrapped around the blue, sunny heaven and took the control over. Suddenly, a little raindrop splashed in my eye. I squeezed and whipped the water away.

Great, how cliché.. It is raining when I’m feeling like shit.

My finger was lightly black of my mascara what was whipped away also. There’s going my makeup. I dove deeper in my thin summer coat, protecting for the water what was splashing all around me. It wasn’t drizzling, it was pouring from the sky! My whole vision was blurry and I could barely see where I walked. I couldn’t discern the road or the sidewalk, I only could hope that I didn’t walk against a lamppost. I ran to the closest bus stop and waited for the bus.

And you know what? There wasn’t a shelter where I could hide…

I opened the door slowly and stepped inside, soaked. Raindrops were dripping from my summer coat on the ground, mum was not going to like this. My wet hair pasted at my cold, freezing face. My face had one emotion and that was shivering. My summer coat was leak and my t-shirt was soaked as well. Careful, I put my coat in the dryer. I stumbled upstairs, every time my feet placed a step on the stairs, I heard a squeaking voice coming up under my converse.

I walked to the bathroom and pulled all my wet close off, throwing them in the laundry basket. My head turned around and I stared to myself in the reflection.

A  girl with brown curly hair, what wasn’t curly at this moment, blue lips of the cold, shivering, make up under her brown eyes and eyeliner sticking in her eyebrow hair. It couldn’t look more terrible…

I opened the shower and turned the knob 180 degrees to the right. A splash of water was hitting the ground and I waited a few seconds before jumping in. I lifted my head up and let the warm water stroking my cold face. I washed with my hands the black mascara and eyeliner away , grabbing the shampoo. While clicking the shampoo open,  an aroma of soap, mixed with lavender tickled my nostrils. I snuffed the sense in and breathed it out. I brushed and massaged my scalp with the soap, then I pushed my head under the radius of water again and washed it out.

After washing and cleaning myself up, I picked a large, blue towel and wrapped around my small body. I tip-toed on my feet to my room, trying to not drip too much water.

I reached to my drawer and put my underwear on. I swung the doors open and took a look to what to wear. My eyes locked on a purple hoodie and a black sweatpants. I bowed on my knees, searching for some nice, fluffy, soft slippers. I saw them standing in the corner of my closet, I crawled into my closet and reached for the slippers.

Yes I have a big closet, I’m a girl. What do you think? I have many clothes..

I felt them and pulled, trying to get them. But they were stuck!

God Dammit, why is this happening to me?

I sighed and pulled even harder, because of that move my head made contact with the drawer above me.

“Ouch..” I muttered to myself, rubbing my head.

I crawled further in my dark closet and grabbed them. VICTORY I’VE THEM, FINALLY. When I wrapped my fingers around the soft fabric, I felt with my arm something hard, something of paper. When did I put a box in my closet? I didn’t remember anymore.. I grabbed the item with the slippers and put the paper box on my bed and slipped in my slippers. Searching for some clue in my mind why that I put that object in the back of my closet, while inspecting the box my eyes snapped a little sentence, writing on the side.