The Final Straw

*March 7th 2029*

Once the bell rang, I stormed out of the classroom, ignoring the sound of snickering and murmurs. Once again, Clarence had found a reason to embarrass me and call me out on being an orphan. I don't know why he keeps bothering me, even though I beat his ass almost everyday. He's just an asshole and I wish he would leave me alone.

"Hey babydoll!"

I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

"Baby, I'm talking to you!"

I kept walking, ignoring the obvious signs of annoyance. I had to stop when I felt a hand grip my upper arm. I yanked away from Clarence's grip and gave him a grim look.

"Hey baby. Where you going?"

"D-don't c-call m-me ba-baby." I gave him a stern look, before trying to walk away but he pulled me back by my waist.

"Why not? You don't wanna be my baby?" He licked his lips, slowly, looking me up and down. I felt disgusted, pulling my black sweater closer over my body.

"N-no I-I do-don't. Ju-just leav-e m-me alone." I darkly whispered, looking at my feet. They were too big for my thin body, I thought. The only thing I actually liked about myself was my hair, which was a trait from my father, that I newly found out. I was lucky enough to receive a picture of him for my fourteenth birthday, which was in late October.

"Baby, stop acting like you don't want me cause I know you do. I see the way you look at me in class."

He was getting too close to me, and I didn't like it. I hate being touched, unless I enforce it. He knows that. This whole school knows that, yet they don't care and punish me whenever I retaliate.

"Clarence, g-get aw-away fr-rom m-me, o-or I-I'll scr-scream."

"Mariah, don't act like you don't want me, cause I know I want you. Stop playing."

"I-I'm no-not play-playing. Ge-et away fr-from m-me, unl-less yo-you wa-ant m-me to beat y-ou up ag-gain."

He gripped me tightly, both arms, and shook me.

"I been meaning to tell you about that. You gon stop embarrassing me in front of my homeboys. I don't appreciate that shit and because of that, you need to make it up to me." His eyes emasculated pure lust. I looked away in horror, of what he would try and accomplish with me.

By now the bell had rung for last period to start. We were the only ones out in the hallway, as people walked by and completely ignored us. I know being a freshman in high school, there was a stamp over our heads, that freshman girls were easy. That's not true. I didn't want anything to have to do with sex, it just didn't interest me yet, like it has with other girls. All anybody did was talk about how much pussy they hit or how many dicks they sucked. I would just sigh and keep it moving. That was never a "turn on" for me.

"C'mon, Mariah!" Clarence had began to drag us down the hallway. I didn't know where we were going, but I know it had to be bad.

"Cl-larence, le-et me g-go!! Lea-ave me al-lone!"

"Shut up, Mariah! You fucking owe me, and you gon pay what you owe!"

He continued to drag me, further down the hall. He was headed outside. Of all days for the security to be on the west wing of the building...

"Cl-larence, le-let go!!" I started hitting him, throwing hard punches. I went to kick him, but lost my footing. I fell and Clarence got mad. His nostrils flared and he stopped, only to throw me over his shoulder. I continued fighting against him, and even tried to scream but I kept tripping over my words.