Birds & The Bees

June 3rd 2029

"Look, the tour was amazing, we sold out every show and now it's time to celebrate."

"We bout to release the album, so we have to have an album release party."

"But it can't be no regular party. We gotta go all out, man it's summer time. Why not a pool party?"

We all nodded and agreed with Ray, as he decided the groups next move. Even though I promised myself I'd tone down on the alcohol and the partying, that's really all I want to do.

"Okay, so it's set then. Pool party at my place." Myles insisted.

"Fine with me."

"Yeah, I can help spread the word."

"Alright, that's a wrap. This meeting is adjourned."

We stood from our seats, saying our goodbyes and heading our ways downstairs. We were all in the elevator about to go down, when the doors opened and in stepped Angela. She stood beside me in her tight black pencil skirt and heels to match. We exchanged smiles then she pressed the floor she needed.

"Hi everybody!" She waved in everybody's direction, as they greeted her back. There was a shifty silence between her and I, and I knew why.

"So..." She cleared her throat, "how are you, Jacob. Or should I refer to you as Prince?"

"Just Jacob, and I'm fine. I know you wanted me to call you, and I'm sorry, I've been busy..."

"No need to apologize. I know all about your busy schedule, I organize it, remember?"

I chuckled, remembering that she is in control of my career.

"Yeah, I remember."

The ding of the elevator door indicated we reached he floor. She smiled at me before exiting the elevator.

"Bye everybody! See ya later, Jacob!"

She strutted away, making everybody in the elevator, including myself, hold back the door to watch. After she disappeared, we crawled back in the elevator.

"Damn, that ass fat!"

"Yeah, I know."

I looked at Myles and Ray in disgust.

"Don't talk about Angela like that! What's wrong with y'all?"

"Oh, my bad..."

"He just mad cause he still trynna tap that ass."

"Shut ya dumbass up. Why do y'all talk about her like she's some random broad off the street?"

"Man stop being so sensitive."

"Whatever, I'll see y'all later."

The doors opened and I stepped out first. I couldn't stand to hear Myles talk about Angela like she was just a nice piece of ass. This is how he is with almost every female.

And he wonders why he's single...

I shook him off and got in my car, to head home and-oh, no I have to pick up Mariah. Damn...! Ever since what happened in Philadelphia, shit's been weird between us. I still couldn't believe I allowed her to kiss me-twice. That was wrong, and we both know it. I still have no idea where that even came from, she never seemed like she'd ever like me at first.

But that's not even the point; I kissed back like it wasn't a problem. I'm disappointed in myself, so of course I had to distance myself from her, but now that she's back in school and I'm her only source of transportation, I can't really ignore her anymore. I guess it's finally time for us to have the talk...