The Hangover Prt. 2

Happy "extra" early Birthday to my Migga (Mexican Nigga) Jacob "Prince" Perez!

April 21st 2029

I groaned and rolled over, looking at my clock. It was nearing the time for me to get up, but I hadn't slept a wink last night. My estranged headache came back and with it, endless tossing and turning. A million things were running through my mind, which probably caused the heavy head throbbing pain. I had to mentally prepare myself before climbing out from bed. I began my morning regimen, then finally getting dressed in a basic black and white Aztec print shirt, basic black jeans and simple classic black converse. I went bare when it came to jewelry, besides my earrings and silver septum ring. After all was said and done, I headed downstairs where I had small pieces of confetti hit me.

"What, the hell?"

"Happy birthday, señor!"

I looked up at Mariah and Marcelena both holding a small vanilla cupcake. There was a single candle that was lit, with blue and green sprinkles on top of white frosting. Mariah plastered the widest smile she could, making her cheeks turn ruby red. I smiled at their cuteness, even though I wasn't feeling too well.

"Mariah and I woke up extra early today, just so we could make it for you."

"Really? Mariah, you made this?" I received the cupcake, tearing away at the paper and taking the first bite. It was heaven wrapped in paper. Not too sweet, and not too dry either. The world's perfect cupcake.

"Y-Y-Ye-Yesss..."

If I wasn't so hungry and hadn't devoured the poor pastry so quickly, I would've thanked them both. But a simple hug will have to suffice.

"We're glad you enjoyed your present."

"And I'm glad you made it for me."

Licking the frosting off my fingers, I noticed out the corner of my eyes that Mariah's were a shimmery auburn color again. Even though she hadn't really said much, her eyes changed color almost within twenty seconds. I could feel them burning a whole through my skull, but I tried my best to ignore it.

"That's only part of your gift. Mariah and I had something planned later once you get of work."

"Really?" I was only half listening. I was busy searching for an aspirin or a tylenol. This headache is pissing me off.

"Hmm, so make sure you get home ON TIME!" She stressed. I simply nodded and finally found something. I took the ibuprofen dry, feeling a lump in my throat after.

"You okay, señor?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just can't get rid of this damn headache."

"Oh, well take it acomodadizo today, okay?"

"Sí, señorita Marcelena. Vamos Mariah..."

She grabbed her jacket and her school bag, following me out the door.

º

º

º

º

º

º

I parked in my usual spot, getting out, locking my car and walking right into the secured building. I said my morning hellos to everyone on the first floor, then rode the elevator to my floor. I headed towards the studio, but I noticed the lights off. Rolling my eyes and somewhat knowing what's about to happen, I cautiously opened the door and stepped in.