Poolside Ambitions

June 9th 2029

It was the day of the promo party at Myles' house. I had everything set up on my part, getting the word out. It was the biggest event in Mindless history, with everybody in TM talking about it on Twitter, Instagram, everywhere they could. All I had to do was make sure Mariah would be fine home alone, since Marcelena had to take off for family reasons.

"Okay, now what to wear?"

I had already taken my shower, did my hair and my regular hygiene routine. I stood in my towel, looking through my walk-in closet. I scratched my head, as I slipped on some Ralph Lauren boxers underneath my towel. I searched through racks of pants, until I got to some white fitted jeans. I chose a white tank and classic high white Air Force 1s to go with it. After getting some gold chains and a watch to match, I was ready for this pool party.

I walked out my closet and into the hallway, seeing Mariah's door wide open. I walked towards her room and knocked, seeing her watching TV.

"Can I come in?"

She turned the volume down and sat up.

"You know Marcelena, had some family issues to work out. Which means I have to leave you home, by yourself." I said walking in and sitting next to her on her bed.

"O-Ok-Okay..."

"If something happens, call me. Then 911."

She nodded and laid back down to finish watching TV. It was so weird how she acted: one minute, she was as normal as any teenager. Then the next, she did the craziest things. Like a few days ago, when I had Marcelena come over to watch Mariah, while I went on a date with Angela. I told her what I was doing and where I was going, and she had a complete fit. She started screaming, throwing things. Unfortunately, all the "excitement" led to her having an asthma attack. I calmed her down, giving her her inhaler and putting her to bed before Marcelena got here. That was a scary day. Now, when I tell her I'm leaving, I don't tell her I'm with Angela. She doesn't seem to like it when I mention I'll be with other women. Why, I don't know but it probably has something to do with each time she's kissed me.

"Alright, I'll be back home sometime after midnight, so don't wait up."

I looked down at my watch, reading it was a quarter after six. The sun was now setting and I had an hour to get to Myles' house.

"Try not to burn my house down."

º

º

º

º

º

º

I pulled up in my white Acura TSX , realizing I was all whited down. I casually strolled into the party, wide-eyed at what I saw. Women from wall to wall, corner to corner. The music was loud, the lights were low. This was a legit party.

"Prince, you finally showed up! Here, take this!"

"What is it?!"

Ray saw me first. We had to yell, just to understand each other.

"Just drink it! It'll make you feel less tense!"

I drank the brown liquor, feeling a bittersweet aftertaste. It was strong as hell, but I managed to stay standing.

"C'mon, we all in VIP!"

I followed him to this back room that was a bit more reserved. The cloud smoke of Cuban cigars filled the room, making me cough a bit. There was a heated game of dominoes going on, with women in bikinis in every man's lap, even Craig's. I took a cigar myself and took a few quick puffs. The smoke rose from my lips into the air.