First Class Trip To Hell

May 4th 2029

I was finished packing, so my bags were by the door. Mariah was still having trouble, cause she's never been on vacation so she didn't really know what to pack. Marcelena helped her, but Mariah was being a bit difficult.

"What about this? This looks cute on you."

Mariah just stared at the article of clothing. After a while, she took the shirt from Marcelena and threw it on the floor.

"What was wrong with that one?"

"I-I-I-It's o-o-old..."

I sighed. This was the probelm? We've been through almost all her clothes and she barely has enough for a week. I doubt I can get her new clothes in less then two hours.

"But that was all you had. Mariah, you can't go on a vacation without any clothes."

She crossed her arms over her flat chest. She then pulled out her phone and typed something and seconds later my phone buzzed.

I know that. Can't we just go shopping? I don't want to wear my old, tattered clothes.

I was taken back from her text. What makes her clothes were tattered?

"Mariah, there's nothing wrong with your clothes."

"Y-Y-Yesss t-t-th-there i-i-isss...."

Not feeling up to an argument, I put my hands up in defense.

"Fine, whatever. We will go shopping, if it means we can hurry up and not miss this flight."

Why didn't she ask me this a few days ago?!

I grabbed my car keys, jacket, suitcases and Mariah so we could quickly hop in the car. I honestly had no idea where we were going, but she gladly made sure to point out all the stores she wanted to shop at. Luckily, she already knew what she wanted, so we were in and out stores with no problem. By the time we were done, we only had fifty minutes to get to the airport, and my phone was blowing up with calls. I ignored each one, as we rushed to get Mariah ready.

"So we're done? We don't need anything else? Good." I quickly brought her bags down and into my car. In the meantime, Marcelena cried and sobbed her goodbyes, like any worried mother would. Even if Marcelena never married or had any children, she was like a mother to me.

"Oh niña, I'm going to miss you!"

"I-I-I'm g-g-go-go-in-ing t-t-to m-mi-mi-miss y-y-you t-t-to...." Mariah sobbed lightly. I rolled my eyes, looking at the time. Is this really necessary?

"Okay, have fun chica! Make sure to call me when you land!"

Mariah nodded and skipped to the car. I gave Marcelena a kiss on her cheek and got back in the passenger. First stop, Cali.

º

º

º

º

º

º

After a LONG plane ride, we finally landed in California. The state where it all started.

We had everything set up, where our bags were being sent to the hotel as we speak. All we had to do was check in, but that wasn't until four. Since it was just now turning two, we thought we'd go out to eat, then maybe hit the beach.

We chose this burger place close to the boardwalk. It was okay when we got there, but somehow fans knew where we were so there was a large crowd outside the eatery. Luckily, they weren't able to disturb our little family dinner. It was good because I could sense Mariah getting uncomfortable. She squeezed my hand a few times, as we all sat and ate. Not once did she speak, but sent glances here and there. But overall, we had a pretty good time.