Forced Love Or No Love

Dear Diary,

He let me hold him last night. He allowed me back in his bed, between his sheets, where I should be.

My burn was still there, but I hid it from him. I didn't want him questioning me, where it came from and if I did it to myself. It was really none of his business. All I needed from him was his heart, and I'm hoping he can give it to me or if I'll have to take it myself.

Signed, Mariah Love August

June 12th 2029

I woke up hearing water running, and I looked up, realizing Mr. Perez was in his bathroom. I stretched my body out, yawning, and pushed the covers aside. I slipped out his room, even though I wanted to stay and see him come out from his shower. Taking careful steps, I moved across the hall to my bedroom and looked under my bed, seeing that my stuff was still here. I quickly grabbed it and walked downstairs. I headed towards the kitchen, and saw the blender was out. With Jacob's morning drink inside it, too. I took that opportunity.

"Ah, niña!"

I jumped at Marcelena's voice, hiding the liquid behind my back. She came over to me and pulled me into a tight hug, while I slipped the vile under my shirt.

"How are you feeling this morning?"

"F-Fi-Fi-Fine...." I uttered, realizing how raspy and unclear my voice was. That nightmare took a lot out of me.

"Good, good. I'll make you a healthy breakfast, to get your strength up."

She headed for the fridge, pulling out containers and different foods for my breakfast. I waited until her back was turned, to sneak the clear liquid in Jacob's green powershake. It made the juice bubble a bit, before it calmed. I snuck back upstairs to my room to get ready for school.

I was at my locker, turning the dial and grabbing different books, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked to my right and no one was there, so I looked the other way, still no one. That's when I turned completely around seeing Trevor standing before me.

"'What's up troublemaker?"

I playfully scoffed and closed my locker.

"W-Wh-Why a-am I-I-I a tr-tr-trou-trouble ma-ma-maker?"

"Because you skipped school yesterday..."

I started walking away, with him by my side.

"S-Sooo d-di-did y-yo-you...!"

"Touché. So where you headed?"

"D-Do-Don't w-wo-worry ab-ab-about i-it..."

"Whatever, sophomore. I gotta get to class anyway. Is your uncle coming to pick you up?"

"N-Noo, w-wh-why?"

"I wanna hang out again. So meet me by my locker after seventh period."

I watched him take off one the beaded bracelets he usually wears, and slipped it on my wrist. It was big on me, and it spelled out Trevor's middle name, 'Anthony'. He walked on to class, and I did as well.

The entire time I was in class, all I did was fidget with the bracelet. Why did he give this to me? Does he actually like me, the way I like him? But I can't like him, because I love Jacob. Is it even possible to like two people the way I do, at the same time?