42- Key

TIFFANY'S POV:

Everyone left the hospital while I stayed beside Taeyeon's bed. I sat near the bed and held onto her hand. I talked to her and told her about the events after her fatal beating.

"Please, you have to wake up." I held tightly onto her hand and my other hand grasped my lock necklace.

I heard a knock on the door and noticed the doctor walk in. He had his hand clenched and he probably held something in his hand.

"Excuse me, I heard you're her girlfriend?" The doctor walked up to me and I nodded in agreement.

"Yes I am."

"Well, during her surgery we had to cut off something." Dr. Lee started to explain.

"What is it?"

"A necklace." He held out the necklace Taeyeon always wore. It just happened to be our couple necklace.

"Y-you cut if off?" My voice cracked and held out my hand. He placed the necklace in the palm and I saw the chain broken into two pieces.

"It was necessary." Dr. Lee simple stated and my heart clenched.

"Tha-thanks." I stood up and bowed towards him.

"It's my job." Dr. Lee smiled and headed out.

When I was alone in the room, I turned back to Taeyeon.

"Look baby... they took your necklace." I held the chain to her face and a tear dropped down my face.

"I will get this fixed soon. I do not want to be separated from these pretty cuffs!" I chuckled and wiped that tear away.

It was silent. I held tightly onto her hand and stared at her. She's beautiful. Honestly, she is so beautiful. But, I had to break up with her. I never trusted her, I regret it so much now. Now I know, she loves me. She really does.

"Tiff... it's late already." The door opened and Jessica appeared.

"I'm staying here with Taeyeon until she wakes up." I didn't spare a glance towards her but kept staring at Taeyeon instead.

"Tiff. You didn't eat dinner. I brought you dinner. Your favorite! Eels!" Jessica placed a Styrofoam container in front of me.

"I'll eat later."

"Tiffany.. you need to eat. If you won't then you want be strong. Taeyeon would want you to be healthy." Jessica grabbed a chair and sat beside me.

"How can I take care of myself when Taeyeon is in this condition?" I fell back onto the chair and sighed.

"You have your priorities too. Your number 1 priority is to stay healthy and take care of your self being. Being depressed is obviously not healthy. So c'mon. Eat up." Jessica passed me a spoon but I denied.

"Don't be stubborn." Jessica insisted.

"I'm not hungry."

*Growwlllll*

"Not hungry my ass. Listen to your stomach. Now eat." Jessica pushed the spoon forward and I grabbed it.

"What happened today?" I asked Jessica as I opened the container that stored eels.

"My dad appeared to be mentally ill. Court will still be held. Court will be in 2 weeks." Jessica explained.

"What about your dad's company?"

"It's gone. Completely shut down."

"What about you and Soojung?"

"Soojung is working independently now with her boyfriend Jongin. They both own a dance school."

"Alright." I took a spoonful of rice and plopped it into my mouth.

"What about your mom?" I munched on the rice before eating a piece of eel.

"My mom is going to jail... she took part in the illegal trading." Jessica frowned.

"Must be hard."

"Yeah even though she was forced to, she still needs to go to jail."

I never took my eyes off of Taeyeon.

"Jess?"

"Yeah?"

"I have a favour." I felt the key in the palm of my hand.

"Sure what is it."

"Can you go and fix this necklace?" I opened the palm of my hand and allowed her to see the necklace.

"What is that?"

"The couple necklace Taeyeon is supposed to wear. The doctor cut it off for surgery. I have the other part." I showed her the necklace that is wrapped around my neck.

"Is this the necklace Taeyeon bought when we went shopping?" Jessica took the necklace.

"Yeah. It is. It's a key and a lock." I smiled and held Taeyeon's hand.

"Typical Taeyeon. She loves those symbols, a key and a lock." Jessica stated.

"Did you ever have a couple necklace with Taeyeon?" I asked.

"Well yes. But never a lock and key." Jessica smiled.

"You said she loves them. Why didn't you get it?"

"Taeyeon said that she wanted to get the symbols once she's sure that I'm the one she will spend her life with." Jessica responded.

"Th-that means..."

"She wants to marry and spend her life with you. I know that you two haven't known each other for a long time. Not even a year, but her love for you is strong. It's really strong." Jessica responded.

---

(2 WEEKS LATER)

"Taeyeon-ah! I'm back!" I walked into the hospital room and saw her laying there.

"You haven't woken up yet?" I frowned.

"Well you wouldn't believe what happened today! Nichkhun tried to ask me out! It was so weird. But, I'm waiting for you to wake up so we can be official. Jessica and I talked to Kibum and we're set for court tomorrow. Your parents will arrive next week. It's depressing how Jessica's dad locked them up with only food." I started to explain to Taeyeon what happened while holding onto the lock that hung around my neck.

"I hope you will wake up soon. I would love to officially be yours again." I sighed.

"TIFF!" Jessica called out from behind.

"Oh hey jess." I hardly gave her a smile.

"Court is tomorrow. You need to go home and sleep. You can't always sleep here." Jessica explained.

"I want to be the first one Taeyeon sees when she's awake. I want to be here for her."

"Stop with the cheesiness." Jessica smacked my hand.

"But her bruises healed. Her cut is healing. That's a good sign." I pointed out.

"Yeah I know. Everything happened in such a short time. It's already November." I chuckled.

"She will wake up soon. But be careful of my dad. He's been appointed to a mental hospital and he's at court tomorrow."

"That's some scary shit."

A/N:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY QUEEN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEYEON!