Wake. UP.

*January 15th 2016*

"Come to grandma, Mariah!"

"Aww, look at this precious child!"

"She is so adorable, it's a shame what happened to her parents."

This was what I heard since I could remember. Adults crowded around me, cooing at me and touching me. It felt uncomfortable, but I couldn't really say anything, considering I was only three.

"So how is she? Has she spoken today?"

"Not much, she just asked for her sippy cup."

I don't like to talk, because I hate the sound of my own voice. Plus, I stutter. I don't know why I do, I just do. Nobody's ever explained what was wrong with me, but probably because I never actually asked.

"Well, I should get her to bed. Come on Mariah, it's nap time."

I followed her into my room, stumbling over my chubby legs. The other adults in the room thought I was adorable, and they oohed and awed. I continued my trek to my room, which was up the stairs. My grandmother would have picked me up, but I didn't want her to. I wanted to be independent and do things for myself. I know I had plenty of years to practice being on my own, but I wanted a headstart.

We entered my room, which was laced with my least favorite color: pink. It was everywhere and I hated it, but since I was too young to imply my opinion, I had to deal with it. My grandmother picked me up and lifted me on the changing table. I watched her, while she gently cleaned me off, changed my diaper and put me in my pajamas. I smiled and giggle when she kissed my cheek, taking in her loving essence.

"Alright, you all clean Mariah baby."

She struggled to lift me, as I was such a fat baby. Placing me slowly in my crib, she switched the mobile on and I watched it spin round and round. She lowly sung me a lullaby, but before she could finish, my eyes closed lazily.

Next minute, it became very dark. There was no one else here, and I was afraid. I began to take a few steps on the darkness, to hear a low growl. I turned my head in the direction of the noise, but saw nobody there. The growl turned into a complete roar and I ran. I sprinted in the dark, trying to get away but with no success. It didn't feel like I was moving, whatsoever, and the roar was getting louder and louder, until I saw light. There was a white beam of light up ahead of me, and there was a figure standing in the light. I took no time, running its way, but felt something grab my leg. It caught me, the darkness, and it wasn't letting me go no matter how hard I kicked.

"Let me go!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!" I screamed, without stuttering. I also noticed I wasn't a baby anymore, but a teenager.

The beam of light seemed to be getting further and further away and I screamed, yelled, hollered to the figure. They just stood there, not moving and I began to cry. It, the darkness, was pulling, dragging me further into itself. I didn't want to be covered by it. I wanted light.

"HELP ME, PLEASE!!!"

You belong to me now...

I felt my body being held down. A heavy substance laid on my chest, making it hard for me to breath. I struggled under its endless power until it managed to choke me. I thought these would be my last breaths, until a familiar voice spoke to me.

"Wake up, Mariah."

Hey everybody!! Here is the introduction to Wake. Up. the sequel to Don't. Touch. Me. If you like it and if you think I should keep it, comment and vote. But if you love it, share it with everybody else!