Chapter 50 - Destination

I heard the breeze rolling into my ears. I heard Rifa's voice fading. My eyes were blurry. I could see the road. The starting point of my destination. Camp shouted waving his hands. I couldn't hear him clearly. But I know that he is calling. They were standing at the end of the road. I started to walk and with every step, my eyes started becoming clearer. I could hear the voice. I was walking fast. I think, I am in heaven. I looked up and the clouds were hiding under the sun giving me a beautiful breeze. I started to hear Camp shouting "Come fast..."

I started running and the voice became very clear. I felt the peace finally inside of me. I felt like the wind carrying me. I became so light. My heart was not heavy, it felt very lite. I am sure that this is the Road I wanted. The road to my life. The road to the life I want. The sun was playing hide and seek. It showered the light on my path. It felt like I am being highlighted. Camp shouted "Look down" and I looked down. I was shocked at the moment. The road was broken into two halves. There was a large gap between my road and the other side.

I shouted "How can I get there?"

Mani shouted back "Your time hasn't come, John".

I asked "What do you mean?"

Mani said "John, you can't reach us"

The road is breaking off. I moved back. I shouted to him "Mani, I have to come there"

Camp shouted back "John, the gap is too big. You can't do it"

I said "I think, I should try Guys" Ethan came to the end. He has grown up.

He asked "Can you make it?"

I shouted "I think, I can" The gap was growing too big. Deep inside I know I can make it. But my eyes told me I can't. It was really big. What if this is a test? I have to do it. The road will breakup definitely.

Mani shouted "You can't make it, John. Your time is not yet ripe"

I shouted back "I can and I should" I walked a few steps back and looked at the decaying road. I should do it. I ran fast as I could and made the lift at the end of road. A JUMP!!!

I was flying in the sky, as if I was a bird. I could see Camp showing his hands. The time was so slow, that I felt every moment of it. I showed my hands to reach him. I should be catching his hand. I felt no fear. No fear of death. No fear of falling. No more intention to live. No more intention to die. I reached his hands and he took hold of my right hand. He smiled at me and said "You really made it"

I smiled and said back "I told you, I can" My hands started to slip away from his. Camp shouted "Mani, take hold of his hand" The road was breaking away. Mani pulled Camp. He shouted "Let him go. He can't make it". My hands slipped off from his and I fell down. I was falling down with no hopes to live anymore. My heart beat slowed down. I fell down into a dark space of time. It was as if nothing was there and I could see only darkness. Nothing more than a black space. The emptiness all over and nothing to look over for. Suddenly I felt my eyes were closed.

I heard a voice "Ahmed, look at me"

I opened my eyes and I could see a lady with a spectacles looking at me.

I was seated in a chair that is long enough to support my legs. She told "At last, you are awake. Now just relax and don't move."

I asked her "Who are you?" I looked around to see where I was. It was a small room with a light above me.

She replied "I am Dr. Mamaji Ghaney. I am psychiatrist" The walls were painted in light green with a huge wall mirror on one side.

My head started to ache and I asked her "What happen? Why am I here?" I remembered the gunshot and I looked down to see the wound. There was no wound