Chapter 47 - Mani

I responded, "I was surprised to see you." I took a deep breath and brought my mind back.

He said, "I thought, you will be angry with me." Yeah, I am angry, but I am confused too.

I replied, "I actually thought the same. I thought you were angry with me."

He convinced, "I was angry first and then I started to understand everything. I started to feel guilty about it. I know you will understand."

I asked him, "Yeah, you don't have to worry about it. But what happened that day? When I woke up, you were not there?"

He replied, "I didn't shoot you, but you fainted. I tried waking you up, but you didn't wake up. I heard the police siren, so I escaped the area."

I nodded and said, "I am kind of confused, because of all the stuff that has happened to me. I mean, that happened to us."

Mani whispered, "Don't worry John, I am there for you." I gave him a fake smile. I can't believe him anymore. He looked at the diary in my hand and asked me, "What were you reading John?"

I replied, "It's nothing, just some scribbling. You know, rough work."

He nodded suspiciously. He asked me, "Now what's the plan, John."

I don't know what to think anymore. I was puzzled and confused. Still, I got an idea. First, I have to clarify something.

I asked him, "Have you ever met her?"

He asked, "Who?"

I questioned, "My sister, did you meet her?"

He asked me, "Did you mean Ahmed's sister?"

I replied, "Yes, I am talking about Ahmed's sister. Did you ever meet her?"

He replied, "No, Never in my lifetime. Why should I ever meet her? Why are you asking?" His face was kind of doubtful.

I said, "Just to clarify."

He asked me, "Are you doubting me?"

I replied, "No, Mani I trust you."

He asked me, "Leave it, Man. Now, what's the plan?" I have to read the diary to see, what will happen. But he will definitely doubt me. I have to think of something else, rather than looking at the diary. I should be doing something that doesn't exist in the diary.

Mani suggested, "We have to search your house for the ring."

In turn, I asked him back, "Why the ring? I don't think it carries any information."

He replied, "Because you are the one who told, it was important. Not me."

I nodded doubtfully and said, "I have to sneak my way inside the house, without getting noticed. If they see me, I will be in trouble."

He asked me, "Why? What happen?" I shouldn't tell anything to him.

I replied, "We will talk about it later. First, let's find the ring. We will go to Ahmed's house and..."

He interrupted, "I know, what you are going to do. Let's Go."

We started walking to Ahmed's House. If I get caught, I will end up in a mental hospital or in a Coma. This should never happen. I can't trust Mani too. I can get inside through the window. But, where to search for the ring. I already searched the room.

We reached Ahmed's street and I told Mani to wait. I told him that I will come back.

He asked me, "Why are you taking the note with you? I will have it."