Chapter 8: My New Experience

When we came out of the flight, a car was waiting for us. I went in first and my parents followed me. The car was huge and long. What so cool was, it had TV inside it. The driver began to drive the car. I have never seen a car like this before. The car moved smoothly and I was very excited to see a new country. In fact, my dad told me that India is one of the most beautiful countries. I started to glance outside to see the beauty. A fat guy eating something spat it out in the street. Yuck, that's not right. A kid was peeing in the street and within a few seconds he got up and started to run without even washing. I would have never done such a thing, ugh a bad thing to do.

Ahh.....What's Happening? Whatever the problem is, it is hard for me to understand. When the car stopped in the signal, a lady was begging with her baby. When my dad saw her, he felt pity for her and handed some Indian money.

The drivers hesitatingly said, "Don't give money, they will drink with the money they get." I don't really understand anything. Is there anything wrong, in drinking water?

When I asked my mom what's wrong in drinking, the driver said to my mom, "your children is vary annocent." I got angry when he said that. The driver's English is as funny as him. But the people look really friendly. The car was parked near the house.

My dad showed, "This is the house where we are going to stay." Finally at last, as my dad would say, "Home sweet home." I felt very happy because to me there is no place good as home. Mom and I walked inside the house and my dad was paying the driver.

It was a huge house but smaller than the house that we lived in. I went out to take my things from the car.

The driver said, "All the things inside home". He came near me and squeezed my cheeks and said, "You are so pute." He is trying to be friendly. But I couldn't understand his English nor his character. I ran into the house and started to explore. I went to the hall and it was very huge, with big statues. My father came in and talked to my Mom. There was a lot of statues in different shapes. But there was a big huge monster statue at the end of the hall. I went near it, to climb it. Suddenly it just moved.

I shouted, "GOD!!!" and started to run to my father, shouting, "Monster, Dad!!! Monster!!!" My father came running to me and took me on his shoulders and asked where? And I pointed at the huge monster statue.

He started to laugh and said, "He is our watchman." The watchman was standing so still, that I never saw him move. He was really huge and never had any emotions in his face. My dad told the watchman to stand outside the Hall.

He took me to my mom and told to eat. He instructed me to never go out. My dad then left the house. I took a bath and I was so hungry. I wrapped a towel around my waist and ran into the kitchen to eat something.

My mom shouted, "Go and find yourselves, some clothes"

I pleaded, "Mom please, I am hungry"

She started to scold me "How many times I have told you to dress up and then eat?" I gave a pathetic look at my mom. She stared at me for few seconds.

I pleaded, "Pleaseee Maa, I am really hungry"

At last, my mom said, "FINE!!! Finish eating and then dress up." After eating, I dressed up and then started to play with my brother. It was a beautiful place with a garden near the kitchen. It was my time to be alone, as my brother went to sleep after a few minutes. I started to feel bored and started rounding the place again and again. I never have the habit of sleeping in the evening. It makes me kind of lazy. India is much beautiful than I imagined. There were trees everywhere, and the climate was also cool. There was a frequent gentle breeze on the balcony. I went there and started to stare at the beautiful scenery. After a while I heard a noise, I went downstairs to see my mom. There was a guy talking to my mom. When my mom saw me, she called me and a guy was standing near him. She told me that that the guy was my uncle.

He came to me and said, "Your son has grown tall." My mom told to stay with him while she makes some tea.

He asked me, "Do you like to hear a story?"

I said, "Yes!"

He started to talk. He had a kind voice. The story was very interesting that I kept all my eyes on him. When my mom brought the tea, he stopped the story and started to drink the tea. My father arrived before he could start the story again. He went towards the door and hugged him. Then my dad came to me and said, "He is my brother and your uncle." I liked him because he was very gentle and kind.

He said to my dad, "Your son is a very smart boy."

I said, "Thanks, Uncle." He smiled at me. Next, a lady came in. I went to see her face. My heart just stopped that second. I can't believe it with my own eyes. I must be dreaming again. Because it is not possible. How can the lady with the white rose be in India? My dad was very happy that the lady was here. He took my hands and rushed towards her.

My dad started to talk to her, "How are you? I can't believe it, really thanks for visiting my house, this is my brother and this is my son." She came to me and said your son looks very smart. I ran out of words with my mouth wide open. I think that the lady has come here to kill me and my family. My dad told to his brother that she was her close friend and a good business partner too. I was so terrified that I ran into the Kitchen.

I explained to my mom, "That was the lady who I saw in my nightmare."

She whispered, "It's just a dream dear and dreams never come true."

But I asked, "What if it becomes real, mom?"

She informed, "That lady was your father's friend from his childhood and she cares for our family."

I started, "But mom,"

She said, "No but, go to your room."

I went to my room and everything was so fearful to me. I don't know how to save my father. What should I do? He might go out with the lady. That was the only thing that was going on my mind. Suddenly I got an idea. I thought of stealing my father's purse so that he won't go out with the lady. Without his purse, he cannot go outside, Right!!!

But does he keep money only in his purse? I don't know the answer, but I had no other choice. I went downstairs and walked so slowly that no one could hear me. I searched for my father's purse. At last, I found it in my father's pant and took it. Then I ran back to my room. This was a 'new experience for me' because I am not a thief. But my mom used to say to me, do not steal. But I didn't steal, I am just taking it for a while. I was thinking and thinking about the error I have done. I was so afraid that my mom would call me and ask about the purse. I had an inner feeling that I had done something wrong. But I had no other choice. That was the last thing that went through my mind. Then after a while, I started to sleep.