Chapter 35 : Hide and Seek

I heard the footsteps, coming towards to us. Jennifer's eyes were filled with tears and her whole body was trembling. I don't understand, I am really frustrated by all the things that I hear. The more truth I hear, the more I became confused. If I get out now, there is no coming back.

I whispered, "I should get out through the window."

Jennifer whispered, "The windows are sealed with an iron grill, there is no escape from here." I heard someone knocking the door.

Jennifer whispered, "Quick, Hide under the bed."

It didn't sound, like a great idea. But I don't think, I have a choice. I went, under the bed. I heard the sound of door knocking again and the door opening. If I die today it would become meaningless. I have got nothing, to feel peace inside.

Then someone came in and Jennifer didn't even make a noise. Hiding under the bed is the worst idea ever. I should be crazy to hide here. Even a kid who plays hide and seek could easily find, the place I am hiding. I heard Jennifer voice whispering something. Jennifer might be with her mom, that's why she told me to hide under the bed. I couldn't see their feet, as the footstep went behind me. It is not the footstep of one person. I can hear two or three footsteps at a single time. My heart is beating faster. If I move, they will know where I am. What if Jennifer says that I am under the bed? Is she really protecting me or trying to kill me. I again heard her whispering. I should be ready to run. I felt they are standing, at the back of the bed.

Suddenly someone began to drag me out of the bed. I took hold of the handle on the bed, but it was not enough. He was dragging me and I tried to shake my legs to escape from them. But it was no use, four hands started to drag me out. I should fight back. I really should fight back. I should try to escape. I let my hand go from the handle. I was dragged out. I was on my back and so when I turn, I should stomp my leg on one of them. I waited for them to turn me. Then one of them placed a hand on my shoulder. I quickly turned and gave a hit on his face, using my fist. Without another glimpse, I pushed him and started to run. The other one started to run at my back and when I reached the door. I quickly tried to open the door.

OH GOD!!! It's locked. Hell out of fire, I think this is it. Fight or Die. I have no other choice. I should give my best shot. I don't know if they are carrying any weapons. The room was filled with silence. I have to get the key from them. If I get the key, there is a chance for an escape.

Suddenly I heard Mani shouting, "What is wrong with you? I am bleeding, Man!" Oh my god, it was Mani and Camp. I turned around and saw Mani rubbing his nose. Shit, he is bleeding. Camp was looking at Mani with a weird look.

I whispered, "I am sorry Guys, I thought that it was Natalie's men. Are you crazy, you should have just called me out?"

Camp laughed and explained, "Mani wanted to surprise you, but I think he has learned his lesson."

Jennifer gave a cloth to Mani and warned, "Get out, NOW!!!" I nodded and whispered, "Let's Get Out of here." Mani started to sneeze.

Mani shouted, "I am going to kill you for what you have done!"

Did he really mean it? Suddenly his words started to fill me with a slight doubt. I started to remember the words of Jennifer. I suddenly got the feeling of fear and insecurity. I can't trust them.

I started to move out from the room and they followed me. We started to climb down, the stairs. I heard the gate opening. I should hurry up. I moved as fast as I can. I didn't look back. I can't trust them anymore. They might have sold me to Natalie. If they didn't, Jennifer should have told a lie to me. Camp and Mani are thieves, they will do anything for money. But still, they are my friends. I don't know, whom to trust.

"Stop thinking John," I said to myself. I cannot reach the main door, but I could reach one of the rooms. I walked into one of the rooms and Mani gave a heavy sneeze and shouted, "OH, SHIT"

I ran inside the room and Camp moved into another room. The front door was opening and Mani was still standing in the stairs. Oh, God what is he doing? The front door opened and I could see a white rose falling down on the floor. I quickly closed the door. The room was very dark and I couldn't see a thing. I should get out and save Mani. But what if he is one of them. I don't know what to do.

I heard a voice whispering, "John, what a surprise?" who is it, I could hardly see a thing. I couldn't recognise the voice either. I am still in trouble.

I whispered, "Who are you?"

He said in a quiet voice "You know who I am?" Who the hell is this, I could hear him but I can't see him in the dark. I couldn't stop thinking about Mani, what has happened to him. Now I am in trouble too. I have to confess to this guy. He should be a member of the house. A watchman, perhaps.

I argued, "Sorry, I am not a thief. I am..."

He interrupted, "I know you are not a thief!!! YOU ARE A KILLER!!!" The voice seems to be very angry and I better try to find the exit. I started to move.

He shouted, "You think, you can get out of here. Let's PLAY HIDE AND SEEK. Find me." He started laughing vigorously. I started to move slowly with my hand moving over the wall to find the door.

I whispered, "I have to find Camp"

He said in a grumbling voice, "YOU STILL TRUST THEM, What a pity?"

He seems to know all the stuff going on here. I walked without hearing his words.

He cried out loud, "Give me back what was mine, John." My body froze and I couldn't think of anything. Who is this Guy?

He whispered, "If you don't, you will die."

I groaned, "I didn't steal anything, I am not a thief"

He shouted, "YOU ARE NOT A THIEF!!!! YOU ARE A KILLER!!! A MURDERER!!!" My voice was going down. I had the feeling that I know him.

I shouted back, "I AM NOT A KILLER!!!"

He whispered, "When the time is right, you know what you are John."

I said to myself, "I have to get out from here!" Suddenly someone took my shoulders, lifted me and threw me. I was trembling in fear. I moved towards the wall and searched for the door with my hands like a blind person. Suddenly I could feel the switch in my hand. I switched on the light and Ahmed was standing in front of me. My heart started to beat very fast and my hands were trembling.

I shouted, "You are not real, you are not real!!!"

He shouted back, "You took everything from me and now you are trying to prove that I never exist!" What the hell is happening right now? Everything is wrong

Suddenly I heard a gun firing and someone screaming....

Oh My God, No!!!