Chapter 23 : The Wake Up

I woke up and found myself in the hospital. I felt my body, really weak. The nurse was standing outside the room, talking to someone. My eyes are really blurry. The last thing that I remember, was the blast. I can't feel any pain in my body. I think I have been in the hospital for two or three days. It looks like, I have to escape from the hospital again. I removed all the injections connected to me. I stood up and started to move from the bed. I felt drowsy. I couldn't walk normally. But I have to move fast, without getting noticed. I waited for the nurse to move away from the door. When she leaves, I will get out of the room. The nurse left and I walked slowly to the door. I think I am not steady yet. I slowly walked to the door and reached it. I took the handle and opened the door. I suddenly felt a heavy pain in my head and I closed my eyes. I couldn't open my eyes. I waited for the pain to diminish. After a few seconds, the pain stopped and I moved out of the door opening my eyes. Everything was so bright. My eyes burned when I saw the light. But I should get out. I looked for the elevator. But I couldn't see any elevator near. Maybe, this hospital doesn't have an elevator. I saw the stairs. I don't think, I can walk down the stairs. But there is no other way, to get out of here. I moved slowly to the stairs. I opened and closed my eyes, again and again, to see the stairs clearly. I felt like, I can't walk anymore.

But I told myself, "You can do it." I opened my eyes and found a girl staring at me. I got scared when she looked at me. She was in a shock. Why is she looking at me like that? Suddenly she started to cry and run towards me. She hugged me tightly. I have never seen her in my whole life. Why is she hugging me? What is going on? Then she took hold of my hand and took me back to the room.

All my efforts are wasted. She called the nurse to intimate the doctor. The doctor arrived and started to talk something. But I couldn't hear anything clearly. I felt everything so blur. I couldn't see their faces. The doctor gave me an injection and I felt very sleepy. I went to sleep within a few minutes.

After a few hours, I woke up. I felt that I am OK. The doctor's injection really worked. Now I can see everything clearly. I moved out the bed. There was no one near me. My body still didn't feel well. I moved out of the room. I looked for the stairs, but I found the elevator. My eyes were blurry before, that's why I couldn't find the elevator. I went inside the elevator and I felt relieved. The elevator went down slowly to the 1st floor. When it reached the 1st floor, I rushed out to find the exit. I found the exit and the girl. The girl was standing with her family near the exit. I moved slowly without getting noticed. The girl and her family went into the elevator. I think they are going to the room, to see me. I should get out soon before they know that I escaped. I went out of the hospital and it was dark. I think it is night time. The stars were shining brightly. I started to walk away from the hospital. It was very cold. I walked for a few minutes and reached the main road. The street lights were shining on the road. The whole place was very different. Where am I?

I started to walk on the road. There were only a few cars on the road. I felt very lonely. I don't know where to go, who to find and what to do? There is no one to ask for help. I still feel very tired. Tired of this life, tired of walking, tired of feeling worthless, tired of everything going on in my life. I don't think, I want to live anymore. But I am scared of death. Death is not my solution. Who are my real parents? Maybe I am like Camp. My parents abounded me too. I have never done any mistakes. Every mistake in my life is done by others. I am the error that they did. Why am I supposed to be punished because of their errors?

I sat on the roadside. I am very hungry. I looked at the shop near me. They were serving food. I think I have to use my talent to get some food. I went near the shop and waited for someone to get out. There was a guy getting out from the shop. Before he reaches the exit, I should steal some money from him. He came near me and I waited for the exact time. I used my hands and took some money before he could move away. I calmly went inside the hotel, sat on the chair and ordered tea. The man didn't notice that I stole. I got 200 rupees from him. This will be enough for the day. This is the only thing, I am good at. The server brought the tea and placed it on the table. I started to drink the tea. My head still hurts a lot. I thought about what my uncle said, "The ring will provide you, with all the answers." What answers? What does he mean? But wait, what if he had lied to me. What if everything he said, was a lie. I never thought of that. He must have been justifying himself. Why did I believe him? I would have done the same thing if I was in his position. He should have lied to me. But why did he let me escape, with the ring? Why did he do that?

Argh, my head is hurting a lot. I couldn't remember anything after the blast. What happened to the boy? The girl should have been, the boy's family. I can't go back there. I can't look at their faces. Why was she hugging me? I think the boy was alive. They must have been there, to thank me. I saw the time and it was 6 in the morning. I went out of the hotel and saw the sun was rising. It was beautiful and warm. I started to walk again. I felt really better looking at the sun. It gave me the courage to go on. I don't know why, but I felt motivated. I don't know, what this long road will lead to.