Chapter 43 - Questions

I kept the phone in my pocket and started to walk. I have to get the ring first and then think about the diary. I am damn sure that the ring will not disappear on its own. I still don't believe, what the voices in my dream said. But whatever it said, it is really happening. I can't deny that to. I have to think clearly to get out of this. Camp is dead, I still can't forgive myself. Whom should I blame? I am the only one to blame. Everything around me is going wrong. I am feeling the music of loneliness everywhere I go. It's not a pleasant music to hear. It wipes the happiness inside me and spreads the sorrow. All over, again and again. I better die, if this is going to last. God, I don't know if you can hear me. But if you can hear me. Please end my life, before I could spoil everyone's life.

Camp should have lived. He is dead just because of me. I never knew that any of this is going to happen. I am not psychic to predict the future. I have to save Ahmed's life before it's too late. The ring, it is the only answer. The only answer, I am searching for. I was near my home and the sky was still dark. It is not morning yet. I quickly jumped the wall of my home and climbed to the window. I am in full of mud, if my sister sees me in this condition, she would make up a story of her own. I better be quick. I looked at the time and it was 4:45 am. I went to the bathroom and had a shower. I am feeling very weak, I don't know why. I changed my clothes and dumped the clothes under the bed. I better dispose of the clothes, when I get out. I heard the door opening. I have to be quick.

I quickly went out of the window and got down from there. I ran to the front door and my sister opened the front door. She shouted, "Ma, Pa, Ahmed has come back." She quickly ran towards me and hugged me. She was crying. Why the hell, is she crying?

She shouted, "Where have you been, Ahmed?"

I replied, "What do you mean? I have been to my friend's house. I told you that I will come back today."

She whispered, "That was yesterday. You told that you will come yesterday morning. We became so afraid." It's been two days. I never knew the time. A day has just passed by.

My dad shouted, "Why are you shouting Afrin?"

Afrin said, "I am not shouting Abu. We were worried about you"

Afrin shouted, "Ahmed has come back"

My dad shouted, "Ahmed!!!" He couldn't speak no more and he ran to me. He gave me a quick hug.

He asked, "Where did you go? We were searching for you everywhere. What should we think? Don't ever do that again. Your mom she has been crying all night, praying for your return. If I have done anything wrong, please forgive me."

How can I ever make them understand? I have to quickly think of something.

I replied, "Dad, my friend had a fear, so I stayed and took care of him. That's all. Nothing else."

Afrin shouted, "You should have made a call or at least attended the call." My phone is not with me. It was in my pocket. It should be under the bed.

I lied, "I switched my phone to silent mode. I never took it out."

Afrin demanded, "Take your phone and look at the calls that we have made."

Great, I don't have the phone. I have to think for another lie.

My dad said, "Just leave it. Go and wake your mom. She would be very happy."

I started to walk towards my mom and my sister interrupted me, "You were wearing something else on that day. But how did you? Never mind." Glad that my sister lets me go. I went to my mom's bed.

I whispered, "Ma, wake up. I am home."

She opened her eyes and without saying anything, she hugged me. She started crying and she didn't say a word. The only thing she asked was, "Did you eat something? You look very thin."

I smiled at her and tears started to roll over my face. She is the only one who never asked me any questions. I hugged her and whispered, "I am sorry Ma"

She whispered, "Why are you saying sorry to me? You haven't done anything wrong. Wait I will make you coffee." She got up and went to the kitchen. Ahmed, you are a lucky guy to have a mom like her.

She brought me coffee and some biscuits. I ate few biscuits and drank the coffee.

I told her, "I am feeling very sleepy, Ma. I will sleep for a few minutes and wake up."

She nodded and patted me on the back. She said, "I will wake you up for breakfast."

I went to my room and closed the door. I quickly took the dress out from the bed and took the phone out. I took the phone tools and disassembled it on the table. I will let it dry. Now the ring and the diary. I quickly opened the drawer and searched for the ring. There was no diary or ring in it. MY VISION!!! It was right. Where the hell did it go? Maybe mom misplaced it. I will sleep for a few minutes then ask my mom. I went to the bed and slept. My mind is becoming impatient. I forced myself to sleep. But I couldn't. The ring, it carries all the answer. Now I don't have it. If my mom doesn't have it. My sister Afrin should have it. I should not be suspicious. I looked at the clock continuously. Too many Questions in my mind. Then I closed my eyes and waited for an hour to pass. It was 6.30am, I jumped out of the bed and went to the kitchen.

I asked, "Ma, Did you see my diary in the drawer?"

She replied, "First, eat the breakfast and then let's talk about your diary."

I went to the dining table and started to eat my breakfast. I was really hungry. I didn't eat for a day. My sister sat on the chair next to me and started eating.

She advised, "Rifa was really worried about you. She was crying. Please go and talk to her."

I asked her, "Did you see my diary. It was in the drawer."

She replied, "No, I didn't see it. Please go and meet Rifa." Wait, what if Rifa came to my room.

I asked her, "Did Rifa come to my room?"

She replied, "Yes, I think so. Stop talking about the diary. Go and talk to Rifa. Your diary doesn't have feelings, but she has."

I asked her, "Did you see my ring, it was also in the drawer?"

She shouted, "NO!!!! I DIDN'T. STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!!!"

My mom shouted, "Afrin, don't shout at Abu!" Afrin moved out of the dining hall. She went to the hall and she switched on the TV.

I asked my mom, "Ma, did you see the ring or diary that was in my room. It is really important."

My mom replied, "No, Abu. I didn't see it" Great no one has seen it. Maybe Rifa took it. But why should she take it? It doesn't make sense.

I asked Afrin, "Where is Rifa?"

Afrin replied with a smile, "I called her. She told that she will come within 10 minutes. I was afraid that you won't talk to her."

I sat on the chair and heard someone speaking, "Natalie..." I quickly turned and looked back. It was the TV. It was the funeral of Natalie. My sister changed the channel. I took the remote from her and went back to the news channel. My uncle and his family were standing there with Jennifer. They were crying. I really killed Natalie. I thought that she was only hurt. But, she is dead. My sister took the remote from me and changed the channel again.

I heard a voice from behind, "Afrin." It was Rifa. Afrin switched off the TV and sat near me.

Afrin called, "Rifa come and sit."

She whispered in my ears, "Talk to her."

I asked her, "Did you see my diary that was in my room?"

My sister shouted, "What is wrong with you, John?" I was shocked when she called me John. I looked at Afrin puzzled.

Hell out of Fire, Did she call me, "John."

I shouted at her, "What did you call me?"

Author's Note:

Please follow, vote, comment and share...

                                               "7 Chapters to go"