Chapter 21 :The Truth

I slowly opened the door and looked at him. He was writing something in his diary. I took the sharpest knife that I got from the kitchen. I have never killed anyone. I should get near him. I looked at my hand and my hand was trembling. I know, I wasn't ready for it. I thought about my family's death, to get angry with him.

And suddenly he started to speak, "Are you really going to kill me? John."

I was shocked. He knows that I am here. I looked at him and he smiled at me. I quickly hid my knife inside the pocket. He started to walk towards me and started to talk,

"You are really a stupid, you think I can't recognise your face, John!!!" He came near me and looked at my face bending down. He then moved away.

I looked at him with anger and shouted, "Everything is over Uncle. You are dead!! I am going to kill you!!!" I searched for the knife, but I can't find it. He took the knife, from my pocket!!! I gulped. How did he take the knife from my pocket? He looked at me, with his wicked eyes and started to talk,

"Searching for the knife. Do you think, you are the only rat (thief) in this room? I was in the same orphanage as you John. In fact, I was an Orphan, just like you. Well, worse than you. I was the one who recommended the doctor, that orphanage. So that you will never escape and be safe." He took a deep breath. But how does he know that I was in the orphanage? He must be lying. Maybe he was there in the hospital when they took me.

He continued, "I could have killed you when I saw you in the bushes. But I didn't, you know why. Because you were completely like me. I saw myself in you. Every time when I saw you, I saw me."

I screamed, "I am not like you and I will never be like you, you are the reason that I am a thief, you are filthy and you are the one who killed my parents!!!"

He shouted back, "Your parents!!! Oh, you never knew the truth. David never told you, didn't he? Do you know why you easily get along with Indians? Because you are an Indian. You were born in India. David found you in the garbage bin, among the rats. Your biological parents abounded you."

He must be lying. My father is David and I am David John Williams. He should be lying, he is not telling me the truth. My eyes became very teary. I couldn't imagine, what he is saying.

I shouted, "YOU LIAR, DAVID IS MY FATHER AND I AM HIS SON. DON'T CONFUSE ME!!!"

He came near me and shouted, "LOOK AT ME, JOHN!!!" I couldn't look at his eyes. I am crying. I don't want to know anything. I don't want to know the truth or the lie.

He continued, "David adopted you as he didn't have any son during that time. He was just like his father, Stevenson Williams. I was also adopted, Natalie and David were the real kids of Stevenson. When I escaped the orphanage, I met Stevenson. He raised me as his own son. Stevenson adopted me afterwards." He started to cry.

I closed my ears and cried heavier. I felt like, he is saying the truth. I felt as if, I don't have anything anymore. I don't even, have an Identity. But I can't let him harm Natalie and my sister. I can't even call her sister anymore. I asked him "Then why did you kill my family, what wrong did they do to you? If I leave you alive, you will kill my Sister Jennifer and Natalie. Natalie is the angel guarding my sister."

He laughed at me and started to speak, "Natalie was Right. You are an idiot. You will never understand, you still believe her. She is the one who told me to kill your family. She made me do it, YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL!!!!"

I went near him and slapped him. Shouted, "She will never do that, she is the one who saved my sister. You are a liar!!!"

He mocked back saying, "YOU FOOL, THINK. She wanted to kill you from the very beginning. She hated every bit of you. She followed you, to kill you, not safeguard you. She is a witch, a devil. The whole plan was to kill you, not your family. I hated David, but everything that happened was an accident. Your family was never meant to die."

I heard someone knocking the door. He directed, "Quick John!" He told me to get out through the window. Before leaving he advised, "Keep the ring safe, it will provide you with all the answers." How did he know that I am having the ring? He opened the window and I went out believing his words. Then I heard some women speaking and then a scream...