Chapter 29 : Search for the Ghost

I really got irritated by Rifa's call that I switched the phone to silent mode. The walk was really exhausting and it took me an hour to reach my home. When I reached home, my sister was standing outside the house. I was really exhausted and tired. I know she is going to shout at me for taking her phone without asking her.

I asked her, "Why you are standing outside?"

She asked me, "Where did you go? It is 6:30 now. You told me that you are going for a small walk. I really got scared and I told Dad. He went searching for you."

I replied her with worry, "What? Why? I told you that I will be back. Here take the phone and call dad." She took the phone from me and called him. I went inside and there my mom was crying.

I worryingly said, "Ma, I am here. It's OK." When she saw me, she ran and hugged me. She started scolding me without even listening to my words. My father arrived at the home and started shouting at me with my mom. Both were crying and scolding.

I admitted, "OK!!! Sorry, that I came late. I went for a long walk, that's all." My sister came inside the house, with Rifa.

My sister looked at me and asked, "Why didn't you take the phone, while she was calling?" I looked at Rifa with a guilty feeling of not attending her call. But, she too was crying. I could understand why my parents are crying, but why is she crying. I hardly know her, maybe she knows me well.

I told my sister, "The phone was in silent mode and that's why I didn't attend the calls." Thank God, that I really put the phone in silent, when she called me. I looked at my sister. She was very angry with me and she showed the number of calls that Dad and Rifa made.

My father shouted, "Go and Buy a phone tomorrow. When you go out, inform us if you are coming late." I nodded my head. I quickly went to the room and shut the door. Today is a disaster. I really made everyone cry. But, it feels good knowing, there is someone there for me.

My sister tapped on the door and asked, "Can I come in?"

I denied, "No, I am tired. Go away." One thing that I really don't understand is, why is Rifa crying? Is she really in love with me? I am really confused. I don't think, I like her. She is not my type. Maybe, I don't know her. She shouldn't be a part of my life. I already have many things, to worry about. She is my least concern. I looked myself in the mirror and asked myself, "How are you going to find the ring without finding Mani?"

I wish Mani stopped when I chased him. If he stopped, I could have talked with him and sorted out everything. I need to find him. He can help me to get the answers. I cannot feel peaceful until I find the truth. Sometimes all you need is a search. I know him very well. I should act as a thief again. When everyone is sleep, I am going out, to find him.

My mother shouted, "Open the door and come to eat. Don't sit alone and idle." I went out of the room and my mom was looking very sad. I shouldn't hurt anyone around me. I shouldn't make them feel bad.

I confessed, "Ma, I didn't mean to hurt you."

She apologized, "I am really sorry. We shouldn't have talked to you like that. We were scared, that we will lose you again." I was really hurt when my mom asked sorry to me.

I said silently, "Don't say sorry to me. I was the one who made mistakes. I know, how you feel. But I just went for a long walk. That's it." I went near her and hugged her.

Her face became brighter and she said, "It's OK. Let's eat Abu."

I asked her, "Where are Pa and Afrin?"

My mom replied, "Dad has gone for Isha (night prayer in Islam) prayer. Your sister has gone to Rifa's house. They finished eating dinner."

Mom and I sat together and had our dinner. We had mother and son conversation. The feeling that someone is there for you is worth more than anything. It is the only thing that every person needs in their life. Whenever I lose hope, I think about the things that I got. I feel really comfortable when I am with my family.