Chapter 34 - Jennifer

Mani whispered, "I think, this is going to end well."

Camp smiled at me and said, "Great, John!"

We started to walk. I felt really great doing this. I don't think this is a great idea, but still, I am doing it. She knows, that I am alive. I fear her. I know that she is the worst person, who I should never meet. But I don't have a choice. I am going to meet the devil in its own house. I should think of something else. But I think, there is no other way.

I wish I could separate Jennifer from her. Because I still feel, she is my sister. But Natalie must have changed her. Jennifer lives with Natalie. Jennifer might not be the same as she was before. I just want to know the truth. My vengeance has faded away. I am not going to kill Natalie. I know that myself.

Camp asked me, "What's the plan?" I really didn't have any plan, so I remained silent without speaking for few seconds. Whatever the plan is, Camp and Mani should stay outside. She should think, that I have come alone to see her. I want to meet my sister, but will she know who I am.

I replied him, "I will go inside. Wait for me until I come back. That's the plan."

Mani shouted, "Are you crazy, you are not going there alone?"

Camp agreed, "Mani, let John go alone. He can handle it." He looked at me with some confidence. Wow, He really thinks I should go alone. Mani looked at me, with a pathetic look.

I was constantly thinking about what I should do. How will I meet Natalie? Or Should I meet Jennifer first?

After a long walk, we reached the house. It was really a big house and it had a big wall. We climbed the wall and peeked. There were huge dogs tied near the front door and watchman was standing in every corner. We climbed back down, after seeing the dogs and Watchmen.

Mani grumbled, "Yeah, you are right. You should go alone." I looked at Camp with a puzzled face. He should have a solution.

Camp whispered, "Let's find another way."

Mani mocked me, "Why don't we ask the watchman? He knows the way inside?"

Camp shouted, "Shut your mouth and help us!"

We started to walk around the wall and there was no way inside, except to climb that wall. So we again climbed the wall and peeked for anyway inside.

Mani whispered, "Pss... Hey, John..."

I didn't look at him and looked for a way in. On one corner, there was no one standing. Because he was talking with the guy on the other corner. We can get in easily. I should tell them. When I turned to look at them and say it's a great idea to go in that corner. They were already inside. They signalled me, to come in.

Great!!! They left me alone. I slowly went to the corner and jumped. The dog suddenly started barking. If they find me here, I am totally dead. The watchman started to walk towards me and I started to walk silently without getting noticed. There was no sign of Camp and Mani. I quickly hid in the bush. The watchman looked around for a few seconds and started to walk back. I started to walk slowly to the door and opened it.

Camp whispered, "What took you so long?" I looked at them with anger.

I responded to him, "You actually left me there, alone"

Mani said, "We came here first, to open the door. It was locked. I called you, but you never noticed me"

Camp signalled us, to go. We walked slowly and my phone gave a message tone.

Mani groaned, "Are you out of your mind? Put your phone in silent mode."

I looked at the phone and it was my sister. I read her message "When are you coming home?"

I messaged her back, "I am with my friends. I will be coming late to home...."

Mani looked at me and whispered, "Is this really important now?" I switched my phone to silent mode. Before I could say anything, I heard Natalie's voice. She was shouting at Jennifer and Jennifer was shouting back.

Camp advised me, "Let's stay here until their fight is over."

I heard Jennifer screaming at her. Maybe she doesn't like her. Maybe she will accept the truth. But what if Natalie had told some bad stuff, about me. I really don't know what to think right now. Natalie left the house in a hurry, after shouting at Jennifer. Jennifer ran upstairs, crying.

Mani looked at me and whispered, "She is gone."

Camp asked me, "What are we supposed to do now, wait until Natalie comes?"

I replied him, "I don't know Camp. But Jennifer is here. I think I will meet her first."

Mani hushed with a smile, "I am coming with you." I gave him a sympathetic look.

We started to walk towards the stairs slowly. There were 6 rooms and I don't know, which room is Jennifer's. How am I going to find out?

Mani advised, "Let's split up and search for the correct room. If anyone finds her room, just signal the others." That sounds like a good idea, but I can't trust Mani. Camp nodded his head and started to move. I went to one of the rooms and opened it. And Jennifer was inside. When I looked back, they were already gone. I slowly walked inside. She was looking at the window. I don't know how to start talking. I moved very slowly so that she doesn't hear a thing.

She suddenly said, "You shouldn't have come here, John." I looked at her with confusion. How does she know me?

She looked at me with a smile and began speaking, "John, why did you come here? My mom is going to kill you when she finds you. You will be dead." I should say the truth, Natalie isn't her mom. Will she understand? I think I should try

I calmly explained her, "Natalie is not your mom. David was your father. And..."

She interrupted, "John, I am not David's daughter."

I looked at her puzzled, "I think, you don't get it. Your father..."

She interrupted again, "Natalie is my real mother. She knows you are here. Get..." She is driving me crazy. Natalie must have brainwashed her. She really thinks she is her mother.

I shouted, "Look. Natalie raised you, but she is not your mom. Natalie doesn't know that I am here. She just went out of the house."

She started laughing heavily. She looked at me with a wicked smile and replied taking a deep breath, "John, try to remember. Was I with you on the day you lost your family? Just remember. Joseph was there, Ethan was there. But, do you remember me there" What is she saying? Is this even related?

She was there in the accident. I should recall what happened on that day. I can't remember her getting inside the car. I was inside the car before my siblings. I didn't look at my siblings. I was constantly looking outside through the window. But I remember Joseph sitting next to Mom. But I didn't see her. Why is she not in the car? My head is aching. Everything is fading and I couldn't concentrate. Think John, Jennifer should have been with mom.

She smiled and then started talking, "No matter how hard you try to think. You will not find me. I was not with you. My mom (Natalie) took me with her. You never knew that, did you?"

I grew impatient and shouted, "I don't understand. Why did she take you and left Ethan?"

She continued, "I was never the twin sister of Ethan. Ethan and I were not twins, but we were in the same age. If your father was alive, he will tell you that I wasn't his daughter. I really feel guilty, for what my Mom has done to your family. Get out of here before it's too late" I was shocked by what she said to me.

She started crying and shouted, "This is a trap. You will not get out of here alive if you don't get out now. I am sorry. The people who brought you here, want you dead. My mom knows that you will come for her."

I screamed, "What are you talking about?"

I heard someone walking. Jennifer whispered, "I am sorry, John."