26%

"She has Bradycardia." Everyone turned their heads' to the doctor that had just came in. With an unreadable face, he was carrying a small metal-looking object with wires sticking out of it. He placed it on the small metal cart that was filled with many different tools.

"D-Doctor?" Aphmau's voice cracked as she looked at the man with red eyes. He hummed in response. "What is that?"

"This?" He held up the medal thing. "It's called a pacemaker, it's to get her heart in the correct pace. Right now, it's beating too slow. Which is what is causing this." He motioned towards Katelyn.

Two more doctors pulled the white curtain and stood behind him. One female and one male. The make one helped the first doctor while the female one walked up to the group with pity in her eyes.

"Don't worry. She'll be fine. I promise, she's in good hands." She smiled reassuringly, taking a small glance back at Laurance, who was clenching his fist and mumbling inaudible words.

"For now, I need you to step out for a bit. Visiting hours are over. She'll be out in at least two days. I promise she'll be fine." She motioned towards the curtains.

'What privacy they have' Laurance thought, walking out behind the rest. The doctor took ahold of Laurence's shoulder and spun him around. She raised her eyebrows in worry. "Is everything alright? If it's about her, I promise she'll be alright."

"Tch." He shrugged her hand off and walked out. A look of worry was painted on her face as she got back to helping the two doctors.

He put his hood over his head, trying to hide the tears sliding down his face.

"I'll meet you guys here tomorrow at 12:00?" Katelyn's father asked. "Yeah. See you tomorrow, Mr. FireFist." Garroth said, waving goodbye to the man. The depressing aura is something no one could ignore.

Garroth clapped his hands, trying to get the attention from the other two teens. "L-Look at the bright side! There is a chance she'll survi—" He stopped mid sentence, knowing that if he spoke he would start to cry.

"There is no bright side!" Laurance screamed. "Those doctors don't care if she dues or not! They don't know her like we do! That don't have memories of her, and how she talks, and it feels when she hugs you, or how she smiles and how it could light up a room! They don't care about anything! They're just doing this for money!"

"Laurance! They're at least trying!" Aphmau screamed at him. Laurance glared daggers at her, making her flinch slightly. "Laurance. I know you're upset. We all are. But could you please calm down." Garroth stood in front of Aphmau, glaring back at him.

A low growl erupted from Laurence's throat. He stormed outside and ran. He ran blindly, no place to go, no place to be. He just ran.

He stopped at a park. Kids frolicking on the sidelines, screaming and laughing, playing with other kids, chasing each other.

He sun was just setting, and Laurance sat at a nearby bench.

It seemed almost picture perfect, the sky splashed colors of pink and red, golden highlights glimmering as well, while the small children played like they were having the time of their lives.

Laurance closed his eyes. He needed to get away from everything right now.

He suddenly felt a small buzz coming from his phone. He turned it on and saw it was from one of his girl friends.

A girl that was a friend. She was kinda a girl friend but not exactly. I don't know.

Shay Shay
6:28
Yo, everything alright?

Told you she'd be fine

Hue

Nah but like

She ain't gonna die

I need her alive >~<