Young!Remus Lupin x Reader

Requested by evagranger101

Thanks for your request😊

~~~~

The sunlight broke through the branches in the trees, leaving golden bars on the grass and reflecting of the calm, still water of the black lake. Y/n sat against the trunk of one of the many trees surrounding the lake with her legs crossed and a book placed in her lap.

Of in the distance, not that far from where Y/n sat, the maurders splashed about in the water, making it ripple around them. Sirius and James splashed eachother with water as they waded in the shallows, Peter was crouched down at the bank, poking the stones under the water with a stick, while Remus sat further up the bank also leaning on a tree with his own book in hand.

Remus smiled as he watched his friends enjoy the warm summer day. His gaze made it's way around the scenery in front of him until his eyes landed on the girl further down the bank. The sun reflected of her (h/c) hair perfectly and her skin seemed to glow in the light, she looked almost angelic in a way.

"Quit staring and go talk to her already." Came a voice from behind Remus which made him jump from surprise. He turned around to see Sirius beside him with the mischievous smirk that aways seems to be plastered on his face.

"I-I don't know what your talking about." Remus spoke, still getting over the surprise from before.

"Yes you do. I saw you staring at Y/n. I know you two have been friends since first year, she's praticaly an honorary maurder I mean she did do the whole animagus thing with us to help you, and I also know how you feel about her." Sirius pointed out. Remus stayed quiet, glancing over at Y/n before looking back at Sirius.

James had heard the conversation between two of his friends and decided to call Y/n over. "Hey Y/n!" James yelled. The girl's head snapped up from her book to see who called her name. Once her eyes landed on James she smiled.

"What's up James!" Y/n yelled back.

"Come over and join us! There's no point in sitting alone when we're right over here!" James smirked as he watched Y/n stand up, collect her wand and book from the ground and make her way over to her friends.

As Y/n sat down beside Remus and Sirius and started to talk, Peter stoped poking stones and sat with them and James waded his way out of the water and joined in the conversation.

"I bet we can beat you in a race any day." James boasted.

"Oh yeah? Bring it." Y/n smiled as she stood up along with James and Sirius and got into pesition. "To that tree and back." She said pointing at a tree further down the bank. The boy's nodded and got ready.

Remus smiled at his friends then began the count down "Okay in three...two...one...GO!" The three leaped forward, turning into their animagi forms, James into his stag, Sirius into his dog, and Y/n into her (animagi form).

The race ended with Y/n winning of course, the boys being the sore losers they are complained all the way back to the castle. Y/n and Remus where at the back of the group and when Remus slowed down to a stop Y/n did as well to see if he was alright.

"Are you okay Remus?" She asked, tilting her head to the side a bit.

"Yeah." Remus replied. "I just wanted to ask you something." Y/n nodded for him to continue. "W-well you s-see I've wanted t-to ask you this for a while n-now. Would y-you go on a
d-date with m-me?" Remus stuttered, his cheeks turning pink.

Y/n smiled. "I would love too." She replied. Y/n gave Remus a small kiss on the cheek, smiled then went of to catch up with the others.

~~~~~

It was a few days later and Y/n was making her way to the black lack where Remus said to met him for their first date. The evening breeze was warm as the sun began to lower in the distance. As Y/n got closer to her destination she began to notice little things like flower petals on the ground, leading her to where she needed to be and shining fairy lights decorating the branches of the odd tree.

When the girl had finally arived, she gasped, amazed by what she saw in front of her. She was standing in a small clearing, all the trees were decorated with fairy light, (favourite/colour) flower petals covered the grass, right in the middle was a blanket with a picnic basket placed on top and standing right behind it was Remus.

A bright smile made it's way onto the girl's face as Remus walked over to her. "Do you like it? It's not to much is it?" The boy asked, slightly worried that he overdid it.

"I love it!" Y/n exclaimed. "This must have taken you so long."

"Not really." Remus replied. "When you know the right spell it cuts the time in half. Would you like to sit down?" Y/n nodded, still smiling. Remus led her over to the blanket where they sat side by side.

The two enjoyed the picnic as they talked and looked out at the scenery in front of them, loving every second they spent in eachother's company.

As the sun begain to set Y/n tore her gaze away from the black lack and looked over at Remus. "Thank you. For all of this. You didn't need to go through all the trouble if setting this up. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I really do but as long as I'm with you I don't care where we are or what we do as long as I'm by your side." Y/n confessed.

A shy smile made it's way onto Remus's face as he nervously looked at the ground. "I wanted to do this for you. I wanted to make it special. I've liked you for a long time now and I just thought it was right." Remus said, his nerves showing as he spoke.

When he looked up, Remus noticed how close Y/n and hin had gotten. Infact they were almost bumping noses. Remus glanced down at Y/n's lips, almost as if he was asking for permission to kiss her. Y/n saw this and nodded her head slightly. Remus closed the gap between them, capturing the girl's lips in a soft yet passionate kiss.

It lasted a few moments before the two had to break for air. They were both smiling like idiots and a comfortable silence lay over them for a few seconds before Y/n broke it. "So how about a second date?"

The two laughed a little before Remus replied. "I'd love that." As the sun set of in the distance Remus placed his arm around Y/n's shoulder which she responded to by placing her head on his chest. The two stayed like that, in eachother's company watching the sun go down and the stars begin to apear.

~~~~
A/n

Whooo😥. That one took me awhile but I definitely think it's one of my best ones yet. It's quite a long one compared to some of my other one shots so I hope it's alright.

Anywho, I hope you enjoyed reading this.

Don't forget to comment and vote

Bye my lovelies😉