Young!Newt Scamander x Mist

Requested by lakespirit123

Thanks for your request 😆

Disclaimer: I don't own fantastic beasts and where to find them. I just thought I'd point that out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Newt always had a fascination with magical creatures. Mist thought that their shared liking for the fantastic beasts of the wizarding world was what drew the two together in the first place.

~flash back~

Second year

Newt was sitting alone in one of the many compartments aboard the hogwarts express, reading a book about magical creatures and how dangerous they were.

Mist was walking along the hallway, looking for a compartment to occupy, when she saw a boy with a Hufflepuff tie sitting alone reading a book. She slid the door open but despite the noise, the boy did not look up from his book. Mist fixed her Ravenclaw tie before she decided to speek.

"Is it alright if a join you. All of the other compartments are full." At the sound of the soft voice Newt looked up from his book to see a girl with ombre black hair and dressed in Ravenclaw uniform standing in front of him. After a few seconds of staring blankly at the beautiful girl in the compartment door, Newt cleared his throat.

"Yes, yes come in. Take a seat, I don't mind." He said before returning back to his book. There was a few minutes of awkward silence before the girl spoke again. "I'm Mist by the way. Mist Amanda Harper. What's your name?"

"N-newt." The boy slightly stuttered. "Newt Scamander."

"Well it is a pleasure meeting you Newt. I couldn't help but notice the book you were reading. It's about magical creatures if I am correct. I have the exact same one at home." Mist smiled at Newt as she finally found something to talk about with the boy.

"Y-yeah. I've always loved magical creatures I just wish that there was at least one book about them that didn't just talk about how dangerous or lethal they are." Newt spoke.

"I love the creatures too. I've always wanted to write a book about them that showed them in their real light and beauty and not just how to kill them. How about if we are still friends be the time we leave school we write a book together, telling people the truth about these truly fantastic beasts." Mist offered. Newt smiled at the girl as she stuck her hand out.

"Deal?"

"Deal" Newt accepted, taking the girl's hand in his and giving it a firm shake. Once a comfortable silence filled the air this time another girl walked into the compartment.

"There you are Newt!" She exclamed. "I was looking everywhere for you." Newt looked at the new girl, sent her a quick apologetic smile before going back to his book. The new girl had finally noticed Mist's presence and gave her a look. "And who may you be?" She snidely asked.

Mist smiled at the girl. "Mist Harper. Who are you?"

"Leta lestrange." The girl replied with out saying anything else.

~flash back end~

From that day Mist and Newt had been best friends. Over time the two developed feelings for eachother but where always to afraid to say but when they finally decided to confess, it was messy and awkward but they wouldn't have it another way. Leta had seen the conection the two had and let me tell you, she did not like it. Not one bit. She had been Newt's friend since their first day of school and she was not gonna let this smart ass get between her and her friend.

One morning Mist was sitting beside Newt at the Hufflepuff table for breakfast when Leta walked into the great hall. The girl made her way over to the couple then squeezed in between them so they were forced to move away from each other. Leta struck up a conversation as per usual but Newt and Mist could both tell what she was up to. It was not the first time Leta tryed to separate the couple.

One time during class all Leta did was talk and when the teacher looked up she imidiatly pointed at Mist so she would get all of the blame. It ended up with Mist on the other side of the room from Newt, who she had sat beside before she was moved, and a very smug Leta even though she didn't do the damage she thought she caused, not by far.

There was also this other time where Leta used pollyjuice potion to make herself look like Newt and when Mist rounded a corner she saw Newt (a.k.a Leta) making out with another girl. Leta thought the plane worked but Mist and Newt worked it out and we're stronger then ever.

Mist and Newt knew she wouldn't stop until they split up but that was unlikely so....

Once Mist had enough of Leta, she stood up, kissed Newt on the cheek then murmured something in his ear about going somewhere away from leta so they could spend sometime together. Newt nodded his head and watched as his girlfriend left the great hall. Leta was two distracted by what she was talking about to notice Newt get up and make a swift exit.

Newt later found Mist outside, leaning against a tree that looked out over the black lake. He dropped down beside her and put an arm around her. Mist responded by placing her head on his shoulder whilst she still looked out at the lake.

"Leta's trying to spilt us up." Mist stated.

"I know." Newt replied. "She's only jelouse and we've always been able to work things out. I will talk to her about it if she continues but I think we should just leave her be for now."
Newt looked down at Mist. She looked back at him then leaned in for a kiss. She knew they were going to be fine. Nothing could get between them and the minute they leave school, Mist and Newt are going to start on that book they promised to make back in second year.

"I had an idea for the title." Mist said. "You know for the book we're going to right." Newt nodded to show that he was listening and Mist contunied. "'Fantastic beasts and where to find them.' What do you think?"

"I love it." Newt replied. "Almost as much as I love you."

~~~~~~~~~
A/n

I hope this was alright. It was my first time writing a Fantastic beasts one shot and I think it might be my last. Unless you guys really really wanted another fantastic beasts story I think I'll just stick to the muardures era and Harry's era if that's okay.

Anywho, I hope you enjoyed reading this

Don't forget to comment and vote

Bye my lovelies 😁