George X Reader

Key:
(Y/h/c)= your hair colour

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

'Just five more minutes' Y/n thought to herself as her eyes flickered shut then shot back open again. 'Just five more minutes and I can go to bed'. It was currently 11:59pm in the Gryffindor common room and Y/n was sitting on a sofa near the fire as it danced back and forth.

Hermione -y/n's younger sister- thought that it would be a great idea for y/n to start studying for her exams which were SIX FREAKING MONTHS AWAY!! But Y/n loved her younger sibling and agreed to go along with her ridiculous study schedule.

As y/n resisted the erg to sleep she was unaware of the two redheaded twins stumbling through the portrait hole in fits of laughter. They had just pulled the biggest prank on Filch and his cat Mrs Norris and had gotten away with it to.

As the twins calmed down, Fred had noticed y/n sitting on the couch with her back to the two. Fred knew of his brothers liking for the girl so he elbowed George to get his attention.

"Ow! What was that for?" George wisper-yelled. Fred motioned to the girl in front of them. A puzzled look made its way onto George's face as his brother kept trying to draw his attention else where. It wasn't until he faced the direction Fred was motioning to did he relise the (y/h/c) haired girl in front of the fire.

Just the sight of the girl was enough to send a burning redness up George's neck, all over his face and all the way up to the tips of his ears. "Go talk to her." Fred encouraged. "W-what?!
N-no!" George stuttered. The brothers continued to argue in hushed whispers for the next few minutes.

Finally after five long minutes y/n finally closed the book in her hands. She was just about to get up when she heard the familiar sound of two brothers bickering. Y/n had been good friends with the Weasley twins since their first year, pulling pranks on teachers and Filch and having full blown prank wars can definitely bring people closer together.

They were in 6th year now and over the past three years y/n had developed a small crush - or in Hermione's opinion 'a huge obsession'- on George Weasley. Even though the two friends were oblivious about their feelings for one another to everyone else it was as clear as day.

Soon the bickering stoped and y/n heard the gentle padding of footsteps making their way upstairs. She was just about to get up when the couch lowered from someone sitting beside her. Y/n turned to see George sitting next to her, staring into the fire to avoid eye contact.

"Hey" y/n greeted. George glanced at her then looked back at the fire. "Hey" He mumbled back. Y/n sat back on the sofa and leaned back against the soft fabric. "So... what are you doing up so late?" She asked as George leaned back to. "Pranking Filch." George smiled. The two sat on the sofa staring into the fire, an awkward silence filling the air.

Finally, after what felt like hours, George broke the silence. "What are you doing up so late?"

"Hermione decided that I should start studying for exams. I love my sister and all but seriously exams are six months away."

George chuckled at y/n's reply. The girl is truly amazing, always doing what she could for others, her smile alone could light up any room, y/n was just perfect in every way.

Y/n rested her head on George's shoulder the lack of sleep was starting to get to her. George tensed at first but soon relaxed when he saw the small smile on y/n's face. "It's been a while since we were last alone together. Fred always seemed to be hovering around somewhere." Y/n pointed out.

A crimson blush spread up his face when George remembered that he was the reason that Fred was always around. Since George developed feelings for y/n he asked Fred to always be around so he would never fully embarrass himself in front of
y/n.

Y/n's eyes slowly flickered shut as sleep started to take over her. George noticed and put his arm around y/n's waist pulling her closer. Y/n's head fell onto his chest as she snuggled closer. Soon y/n fell into a deep peaceful sleep but she could have sworn she heard George say something along the lines of 'Sweet dreams my love' before she faded into darkness.

-=-=-=-The Next Morning-=-=-=-

Fred woke up to find his brothers bed empty. He got up and made his way down to the common room where he found Y/n and George cuddled up on the couch. He quietly made his way over to the couple.

A loud clicking sound and a bright flash woke up the couple cuddling on the sofa. They both shot up to find Fred standing in front of them camera in hand with a huge mischievous grin plastered on his face.

The moment George relised what his brother had done he sprung to his feet and chased him around Gryffindor tower. All y/n could do was laugh at the twins actions as their laughter and shouts filled the common room.