Fred X Marie

Requested by TheMoonlightSheWolf

Thanks for the request.

P.s- because there was no name I just asumed it was the same as your other requests. I'm really sorry if it's not but I didn't know what else to do.

A/n

I'm really sorry that it's late. The same thing that happened with my last request/one-shot thing for this one. Plz forgive me. I do hope you enjoy reading this though.

##

Several failed attempts. Several times Fred tried to propose to Marie and every time something went wrong until he finally got his moment....

1st attempt:

Marie and Fred had been together since 3rd year and Fred decided that he was going to make Marie his forever by proposing to her.

Marie had been living and working at the joke shop with her boyfriend Fred and his twin brother George for a couple of months now. She loved working in the shop and helping the Weasley twins test out new products to sell. The best thing was that she was doing it with the people who she had been best friends with since 1st year.

Fred had everything set up. He had a nice meal prepared and a speech all wrote out and ready to go, all he needed to do was to get George distracted for a bit so he wouldn't interupt.

Marie walked up stairs into the flat above the shop and was invited by a delicious smell. When she entered the room she spotted Fred standing be the diner table covered in freshly prepared food.

Marie raced over to the delightful looking meal, desperate to dig in. Fred pulled out a chair for Marie and she quickly took her seat. Fred chuckled at his girlfriends eagerness and sat down himself.

The two made small talk as they ate their meals and as they began to finish up Fred decided it was time. He reached into his pocket and grabbed the speech and double checked that the ring was in his pocket.

"Marie I wanted to ask you something." The strawberry blond looked up from her plate to look at Fred. His face, from his neck to the tips of his ears, where a deep red colour. Fred swore that if he could get anymore nervous, he'd probably faint.

"What is it Fred?" Marie asked.

"Well y-you see, your the most beautiful girl I have eve-" but before he could finish a loud bag erupted from down stairs and Marie was the first to jump to her feat and investigate. It turned out to only be George  as he accidently blew up a new product he'd been working on.

When Marie got back up stairs she looked at Fred with her piercing green eyes and asked "so, what did you want to ask me?" Fred shook his head and mumbled "doesn't matter"

5th attempt:

Attempt 2 right though to 4 worked out roughly the same as the first one, George always did something or walked in just as Fred was about to pop the question and ruined the moment but this time was going to be different. Fred was going to take Marie out on a picnic, somewhere were George couldn't interupt (or so he hoped).

It had been about five years now that Marie had been living with the twins and she wouldn't change a thing. She enjoyed every moment of it and hoped that it would never end.

Fred and Marie sat on the grassy bank of a quiet lake the two had stumbled apon one day. It was their favourite place to go to get a small break from George so they could actually be a couple and not feel weired about kissing each other or simple stuff like that because of George always lurking in the background.

The sun was setting and everything was quiet. 'This is it' Fred thought. 'This is the perfect moment'.

"Marie?" Fred asked, gaining the girls attention. "Mhm."She acknowledged him as she stared out at the sunset. Fred reached into his pocket and pulled it the speech that had been changed so much by now that it was praticaly new.

"I've been meaning to ask you for sometime now..." Fred trailed off. He reached into his pocket for the ring. 'Sh*t' He thought. He'd forgot the ring. "What is it Fred?" Marie asked.

'Quick! Think, think, think...' "Uh.... will  you help me make a new joke for the shop?" Fred said, making a quick recovery. Marie smiled "Sure."

8th attempt:

This was it. Fred's final attempt at proposing to Marie. He'd booked them a table at a nice fance restaurant which they were currently at, enjoying a great meal. Fred had failed to propose several times now so he was more nervous than ever before.

"This meal is great. We sold come here more offten." Marie complemented as she continued to eat her meal. Fred stared down at the small box that contained the silver diamond ring he had gotten originally to give to Marie several years ago.

"Are you okay Fred?" Marie asked when she noticed the Red head had zoned out, looking at something in his lap. This confused Marie a little, she had never seen Fred act so strange before.

Fred quickly snapped out of his daze be the sound of his girlfriend's voice. "Y-yeah I'm f-fine." He stuttered out. The two stayed quiet for a little bit as they continued to eat.

'Here goes nothin'  Fred thought. "Marie I have loved you from the moment I met you and I'll continue to love you for as long as I live. I love how you laugh when you successfully prank me and George. I love your smile and how it lights up every room you walk into. I love how you always agree to a prank war and never back down and I love it when you help me make new products for the joke shop. I guess what I'm trying to say is.....is"

And in that moment the box slipped from Fred's shaking hands and fell to the floor. "Damn it!" He reaches down to pick up the box only to find it open and the ring gone. Fred got out of his seat and started searching for the ring.

"Fred are you alright?" Marie's concerned voice caused Fred to accidentally bump his head off the table. "Ouch" he hissed. "Yeah I'm p-perfectly fine." Fred finally spots the ring and goes back to his seat, bumping his head again in the process.

Fred groaned and put his head in his hands. "I'm sorry Marie. I've just ruined the proposal. I always have. Well it was either me or George but still, I ruined this one and that would just be another thing to add to my long list of failures."

"Don't say that Fred." Marie said, getting up and pulling the boy into a hug. You haven't ruined anything. I thought it was adorable."

"Really?" Fred asked, surprised.

"Really." Marie smiled. "Oh and the answer to your question...." She leaned closer and stood on her tip toes so she was closer to his ear."Yes."

Fred pulled back with a stunned expression on his face which soon brick into a smile. He picked Marie up in a tight hug and spun her around as he listened to her giggle.

He'd done it. It might not have been perfect of super romantic but Marie had said yes and that was all he wanted to hear.

Fred had finally got his girl.

##

A/n

Thank you so much for requesting. I find it helps me get stories out quicker and I'm happy to write stuff you guys would like. But still, thank you so much.

Sorry the request was late. You know the drill school, homework, studying and trying to keep the family happy all at once can be quite difficult but I will post when possible.

Thank you so much (again) for all your votes, comments and requests. It's very appreciated.

Hope you enjoyed reading this.

Thank you

Don't forget to vote and comment

Bye for now my lovelies 😆