Neville X Reader

*Edited
~~~~~~~~~~

You weren't exactly the most popular (y/h. Your house). You were quiet, kind and what some might call reserved but you had a passion for herbology.

All the different plants and flowers facinated you and you loved the wide variety, ranging from Muggle plants to the rarest wizard plants.

The only other person you knew who liked herbology as much as you did- minus the professor of course- was Neville Longbottom. He was one of your very few friends. You spent everyday with him in the library talking, studying or reading and over time you had developed a crush on the shy Gryffindor.

It was forth year and you and Neville were sitting in the library talking when he decided to bring up the yule ball that has being held that year because of the tri wizard tornament.

"S-so (y/n)...w-who are y-you going to the yule b-ball with?" Neville stuttered. He did that a lot but you found it adorable. "No one at the moment Neville. What about you?" You were curios and hoped that if he didn't have anyone that he ask you.

"O-oh I....I actually have a d-date." Neville sounded a bit disappointed when he said that and when you replied you did to. "Cool I hope you have a great time with her." You felt jealous that someone else was going with Neville. You had turned down any and every boy who asked you just so if Neville asked, you could go with him.

"Save me a dance?" You asked as you started packing up your things. You really didn't want to be there anymore. "S-sure." The boy stuttered again and with that you left.

=Time skip=

It was the yule ball and you had put on your (f/c) dress that went down to your knees with your favourite matching heels.

You ended up going alone but in all honesty you preferred that. You watched as the four champions made their way into the room that was decorated for the occasion and danced along to the music.

You just sat at the side sipping on a glass of punch when you caught a glimpse of Neville and his date. From what you could tell it turned out to be Ginny Weasley he was with. Your stomach knotted with jealousy as you you watched the two dance. You wished it was you up there dancing with him not Ginny.

As time past you ended up sitting with Harry and Ron -your other friends- as you watched Neville dance with Ginny. Both of the boys were aware of your crush on Neville and felt sorry for you.

Eventually another slow song came on and Harry had enough of sitting around. He stood up and faced you with his hand out. "Care for a dance?"
He said in a funny way to lighten the mood.

"I would be honored." You giggled as you took Harry's hand. Ron looked at both of you and rolled his eyes. "See ya Ron." You and Harry said in sinqu as you walked away.

Neville spotted you dancing and laughing with Harry and instantly he was jealous. Neville wanted to ask you to the ball but he thought that you would never go with him so he asked Ginny instead.

Ginny noticed Neville staring at you so she desided to ask about it. "You like (y/n), don't you?" Neville's face went bright red. "W-what n-no." He stuttered. "Yes you do. How about you ask her to dance. I don't mind." Ginny said as Neville looked over to you then back to Ginny again.

"Really?!" Neville asked, a huge smile crept it's way on to his face. Ginny smiled and nodded her head. Neville made his way over to you after once you and Harry had stoped dancing.

"Neville!!!" You yelled over the music happily. "Saved me a dance I see." You giggled. Neville's face went red again as you said good bye to Harry.

You made your way onto the dance floor with Neville. You wrapped your arms around his neck and he did the same around your waist. He smiled and you blushed as you danced.

Not that many people were left in by the time Neville desided to speak.
"(Y-y/n) can I t-tell you s-something?"
"Sure Neville. You can tell me anything, you know that." You replied.
"I...I...I really l-like you (y/n)."He spluttered. "I really like you too Neville." You confessed.

You put your hand on the back of his head and pulled him down. You presses your lips to his and his eyes widened in shock but it wasn't long before he kissed you back.

Out side the hall Harry and Ron stood watching the hole thing. "I think you owe me some gallons Harry." Ron said as he stuck his hand out waiting for the money.

Ron and Harry had bet on when you two would get together and Ron had bet that it would happen at the yule ball. Harry put the money in Ron's hand. "Remind me not to bet with you again." He said and Ron chukled as they walked back to their dorm, leaving you and Neville alone.