Draco X Reader

A/n

Sorry about the slow updates😔. I've just been really busy with school and family. I'll try and make it up to you by getting as many one shots as I can posted this month.

I'm really sorry. Please don't kill me 😓

Anywho on with the story 😆

Warning: possible spoilers  (I think)

<(• •<) (>• •)> <(• •<) (>• •)>

6th year

It was all to much. He couldn't take it. Draco sat on his bed with his head buried in his hands. All this pressure of killing Dumbledore and the constant threat of him and his family being killed by the Dark Lord was all to much.

Draco didn't have very many people that were close to him. Only a few people he could barely call friends and his mother but no one close enough to know what he's going through.

The thought of all the things he's done and has to do was enough to bring actual tears to Draco's eyes. He sat back on his bed, leaning against the wall as he let his thoughts consume him.

Soon enough Draco was sobbing into his pillow. No one was around to hear him as they were all at dinner and any Slytherins still lingering about didn't give a damn and probably blocked out the noise.

But there was one person who heard...

~~~~

(Y/n) (y/l/n) wondered around the Slytherin common room with nothing better to do. She didn't go to dinner as she knew she would be teased for being one of the only muggleborns in Slytherin. Most people didn't care but it was always Pansy Parkinson that started it.

Pansy had tormented (y/n) about it from the minute she found out and it didn't help that (y/n)'s so called 'friends' joined in on Pansy's teasing when ever they could. So here (y/n) was in the Slytherin common room alone.

It's not like (y/n) minded. She had been alone a majority of her life. She had been an only child and when her parents died in a car crash when she was seven, (y/n) had been put into care. She bounced from one family to the other until she finally found 'the one'.

The couple that had adopted (y/n) were both magical and could tell she was a witch from a mile away, even if (y/n) didn't know yet. So they took her in and told her everything she needed to know and when (y/n) got her letter they couldn't be happier.

There was a muffled sound coming from the boy's rooms that brought
(y/n) out of her thoughts and back to reality. She stopped moving to listen to the sound which turned out to be crying. (Y/n) quickly made her way up the stairs and straight towards the room where the sound was coming from.

When (y/n) reached the door she tried to open it but found it locked. She cast a quick unlocking spell and made her way into the room, shutting the door behind her. And what she saw took her by suprise.

Draco Malfoy, the boy she had a crush on since first year -and was the only one who stopped Pansy from going to far whilst teasing (y/n)- was full out sobbing into his pillow. (Y/n) snapped out of her stunned daze and quickly made her way over to the fragile boy.

~~~~

Draco was to busy breaking down to notice someone come in and close the door behind them. It wasn't until he felt the mattress go down due to someone else sitting down did he try and stop crying. He opened his blury eyes noticed the girl beside him.

(Y/n) gazed at Draco, trying to think about what to say. She really wasn't good at this kind of stuff and it wasn't until Draco's shaky voice spoke first that she had a rough idea of what to say.

"What are y-you doing? You
s-shouldn't be in here! Get out!"

(Y/n) was a little taken back by Draco's words but refused to move. "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong." She stated.

Draco wiped his tear streaked cheeks and then looked at the girl in front of him. It was (y/n) (y/l/n), the girl he always saved from Pansy's beatings, the girl who he had grown to like over the years and dare he say fancy.

Granted (y/n) and Draco didn't talk much but they knew each other well enough for her to ask him what was wrong.

"Nothing just go away." Draco replied but the girl still did not budge. Draco hadn't noticed that tears were still falling down his cheeks until (y/n) reached to wipe it away. He flinched at first when she got closer but finally Draco relaxed at her touch.

To be honest it was the closest he had been to someone for awhile and it kinda hurt to remember how lonley he was. Draco looked down at the bed, frowning.

(Y/n) relised she wasn't going to get much out of the boy at the moment so she moved closer to Draco and wrapped her arms around his torso. Draco stiffened at first until he finally relaxed and buried his head into her shoulder, breaking down into another fit of sobs which he had been holding back.

"Shhh Draco. It's going to be okay. Everything's going to be fine." (Y/n) whispered and rubbed soothing circles on Draco's back. When the fragile boy finally calmed down to a few hiccups, he finally spoke.

"No it's not." (Y/n) gave him a puzzled look and Draco caved, telling her as much as he could without crying again. (Y/n) pulled Draco back into her embrace.

"You've been through so much Draco. I'm so sorry." (Y/n) said. Draco shook his head. "There's nothing you need to be sorry about." He said softly.

(Y/n) stayed with Draco and comforted him until, soon enough, it was time for (y/n) to leave and go back to her own room but just as she was about to shut the door to Draco's room once more she heard Draco speak.

"(Y/n)...... Stay......Please stay." It was barely audible but (y/n) heard it. She walked back into the room and over to Draco's bed and lay down. Draco rested his head on (y/n)'s shoulder, feeling safe at her touch.

(Y/n) put her arms around him and began to drift of to sleep and just before she slipped into darkness Draco mumbled a quiet "Thank you" as he pulled her closer to him. That night (y/n) fell asleep with a smile on her face and was the happiest she had been in a long time.