Reflection.

I am way too sadistic for my own good. 

I closed my eyes.

Something had been missing for a very long time. I thought that I lost it forever.

I took a deep breath.

Realizing that it was gone made me panic. Everyday, I flounder and try to recover the lost bits. There was always desperation at the back of my mind, and I didn’t know what to do.

I released the breath.

I opened my eyes. 

Mirrors are strangely wonderful things. The creatures and objects in the mirror; they are from another world. They make you believe that they are real, but in truth, they don’t. They may seem like they are reflecting things, but they are not. They show. They show tiny little things like the truth, and they inject trivial emotions such as pain and worthlessness.

I stare into the eyes of that girl; those filled with confidence and happiness. I stare at her lips, her smiling lips. I stare at her posture. Unlike me, she’s always so...perfect. Wonderful. Happy. She wasn’t missing anything. Her legs were useless, and she was bound to a chair, but she seemed happy.

Mirrors don’t just reflect one thing, or one person. They can reflect many things at once, and shove many truths into your face. The gleeful pleasure it takes is that it can cause pain, pain, pain, and pain.

I throw my phone against the mirror, shattering it.

The sound echoes down the empty dance studio. I pick my bag up and leave my reflection behind.

Mirrors can lie too.