Twenty-One.

Midge's Point of View

 There was a part of me that wanted to run out of my own house and never look back. To get into my car and drive as far as I could, if it meant getting away from what was troubling our lives.

 I don't think I'd felt so much fear in my life, apart from the incident the other night when Linds attacked me. It was a kind of fear where I felt like screaming and crying at the same time, and no matter what I did, nothing could ease me.

 I watched from where I was perched on the kitchen island, as Jimmy set up the Ouija board on the table. Even he looked reluctant to touch it; he kept pulling his hand back quickly, then taking a deep breath and adjusting it again. I'd nibbled every single one of my nails as my nerves took control of me. I felt like I was going to be sick.

 Everyone was sat in silence. Charlotte was gently sat across Matt's lap, his arms wrapped around her waist as he held her tightly against him. Anyone could tell Linds wanted to be around Jimmy, but she was refusing to take any step towards the Ouija board without everyone by her side. Even Brian had nothing to say, but he seemed completely engrossed in his phone; probably texting Michelle. As for Zacky and Johnny, they were both just sat on the floor, staring at their hands, a look of evident fear in their eyes.

 There was a light rain outside, and the ugly grey sky was casting a gloom over Huntington. It was due to storm, so really, tonight wasn't the best night to do a Ouija board. But Jimmy was insisting.

 "Okay," He suddenly spoke, making everyone look up at him, "It's ready."

 There was a pause for a moment, before everyone reluctantly began to get up, dragging their feet over to the table and just staring at the board. I was the last one to join them.

 "Why is there a camera there?" Linds asked, her voice raspy as she, too, nibbled at her nails. "I don't want it filmed this time, Jimmy, I mean it."

 "Linds, just hear me out." Jimmy sighed. "The only reason I'm filming it is so I can try get a gist of what it is. You don't have to watch it back if you don't want to, but it's important that I get some kind of-''

 "I don't even want to do a fucking Ouija board, dammit!" She yelled, interrupting him. "After what's been going on, I just want to act like everything's normal! I could've killed Midge! This thing's dangerous, Jimmy. We shouldn't be messing around with it."

 "It's not going to go away by itself." Jimmy calmly replied, staring into her eyes as he cupped her cheek in his hand. "I want things to go back to normal too, baby, that's why we're doing this."

 We watched as she pressed her head against his chest, tears beginning to fall down her cheeks as he wrapped his arms around her.

 "I'm scared." She sobbed.

"I know, babe." He whispered soothingly, looking like he was about to cry himself. "I'll get it away from us, I promise. And then we can go back to normal."

Nodding, Linds then pulled away from him and wiped at her tears with the sleeve of her shirt, breathing out deeply.

"Let's get this over with, then." She sighed.

Jimmy took her hand and the two of them sat down. It became obvious that Charlotte was refusing to let go of Matt's hand as he flicked the light switch and they also took their seats.

 As it turned dark, even more fear struck in me. I wanted someone to hold my hand, but I knew Brian would refused and after the whole kiss with Johnny, it felt kind of weird to hold his hand as well.

"Baker?" I quietly whimpered, trying to find Zacky.

"Yeah?" He whispered back.

"Take my hand." I demanded. "I'm scared."