Chapter Sixteen.

Midge's point of view

"Johnny, can I come in?"

Whether he heard me or not, I wasn't sure. That was the second time I'd called out to him, and I'd still had no answer.

He was in my parents' bedroom, simply to get away from everything, seeing as Linds was still calming Charlotte down in the guest bedroom, and the guys had taken Matt into my bedroom. The shouting had stopped, so I could only guess that he'd calmed to a degree.

Just as I opened my mouth to call out to Johnny again, his voice beat me to it.

"Yeah, sure, come on in." He called back.

As I entered, he sent me a warm grin, and my eyes darted down to his bare chest as he pulled a shirt over his head.

"Sorry, I was just getting changed." He said, still smiling at me.

"It's okay." I replied, clearing my throat and diverting my gaze. I didn't think it would be very appropriate to stare at his naked chest when I was about to have a serious conversation with him. "Johnny, we need to talk."

"About the kiss, right?" He instantly said, looking into my eyes sincerely.

A bit taken back by him instantly knowing, I opened and closed my mouth a couple of times, trying to find the right words to say, before I gave up and simply nodded.

"What about it?" He then asked, taking me by the arm and pulling me down so that I was sat on the edge of the bed, as he also sat down.

"Johnny, y-you're my best friend." I murmured, looking down at my hands. "You have been since I moved here and the thought of losing you breaks my heart."

"You're never gonna lose me, Midge." He frowned. "Well, unless you like...killed my mom or something, but it's not like that ever gonna-''

"I didn't feel anything." I blurted out, interrupting him. He just blinked at me, and I diverted my gaze, feeling tears sting in my eyes. "I know I kissed back, Johnny, and I shouldn't have done, because it wasn't fair for me to do that. I didn't get any feeling from it."

It was quiet for a moment, before he suddenly shifted, making me look at him.

"I know you didn't." He simply shrugged, somewhat of a smile on his face.

I blinked at him for a moment, unsure of whether I'd heard right. He knew?

"What?" I said, frowning. "What do you mean you know?"

"Well, the fact that you said Brian's name when I was kissing you was a huge giveaway." He smirked.

My eyes widened as I stared at him, and I felt my cheeks rapidly heating up. I'd said Brian's name when Johnny kissed me? I didn't remember doing that! I'd only been thinking about him!

"Johnny, I-''

"Midge, it's cool." He interrupted me, laughing. "I kind of knew that you wouldn't feel anything before I kissed you, anyway."

"You did?" I frowned again. "So why did you even bother kissing me, then?"

"I guess I wanted to see what Brian really took for granted." He shrugged.

"Oh." I murmured. "Well, I uh...I'm glad that's settled. Wait, it is settled, right?"

"Come here." He chucked, pulling me into a hug. "Of course it's settled. Plus, we have other things to worry about. You should go and check on Charles."

"I should." I agreed, nodding and pulling away. I then stood up, sending Johnny one last smile. "Thanks, Johnny."

He sent me a friendly wink, before I turned and exited the room, in enough time to see Matt walk out of my bedroom and into the guest bedroom. I frantically followed after him, worried about what was going to happen, and upon mine and Matt's arrival, Charlotte screamed and tried to scramble as far away from him as possible.